RAID 0 Config problem P4PE?

Dear All,

Yesterday I asked some questions about the fastest IDE RAID 0
connection config for the P4PE. I have decided to connect one Parallel
ATA HDD to PRI_RAID1 connector and one Serial ATA HDD to SATA 1.

I am using one WD1200JB (120 Gb, PATA) and one WD1200JD (120 GB,
SATA). I am trying to create the RAID 0 config with the MDFastBuild
utility. I used the manual but instead of creating one disk of 120 Gb
(as you would expect) it seems to be adding both disks to one disk of
240 Gb.

This is not what I expected. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Bart.
PS=According MDFastBuild the SATA drive is 34 MB bigger than the PATA
but that should not be the problem.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003