P4P800 Deluxe memory linear-mode

I have two sticks of matched DDR DIMM in the recommended sockets and
when my board boots it says the memory is 'Dual Channel, linear-mode'.

My question is: what is linear-mode? Are there other modes for dual
channel?

Paul

Splendid

In article <krps809b4n4c4jd2ese1jfebqvj9128lje@4ax.com>, K7V
<spar@dev.nul> wrote:

> I have two sticks of matched DDR DIMM in the recommended sockets and
> when my board boots it says the memory is 'Dual Channel, linear-mode'.
>
> My question is: what is linear-mode? Are there other modes for dual
> channel?

See the Intel memory guide. It is the best reference available
that I know of.

ftp://download.intel.com/design/chipsets/applnots/25273001.pdf

Paul