CS, can't connect to 27015

mlehman

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005

Hi, I've been playing CS for awhile now, I'm very familiar with the way
networks work, etc. Recently, I got a second router for my network.
It's a vonage VoIP router that I put in front of my wireless router.
Now I used to be able to connect all the time without the new router,
but I don't *think* it has anything to do with port forwarding, since
I'm not trying to run a server, only connect to one. Now I can connect
to servers on ports above 30000, but nothing under it. For instance,
192.168.54.32:27015 -- not gonna happen! It just sits at Est'ing
connection... until it times out! My router is now on default settings,
so by the process of elimination, I'm trying to find out what the
problem is. I have also used google to try to see if any other threads
online match my problem. None. If someone could help me out that would
be most excellent! Thanks in advance everyone!

Interesting service.

I think you will find the Vonage thing is a VoIP gateway not a router.
I'm not sure which way round you have it there is loads of set up
instructions on thier website with both
modem-router-voip
and
modem-voip-router
Have you tried the other way round from what you are currently trying?

Let me know how you get on.
Bullett

"mlehman" <mlehman0@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I've been playing CS for awhile now, I'm very familiar with the way
> networks work, etc. Recently, I got a second router for my network.
> It's a vonage VoIP router that I put in front of my wireless router.
> Now I used to be able to connect all the time without the new router,
> but I don't *think* it has anything to do with port forwarding, since
> I'm not trying to run a server, only connect to one. Now I can connect
> to servers on ports above 30000, but nothing under it. For instance,
> 192.168.54.32:27015 -- not gonna happen! It just sits at Est'ing
> connection... until it times out! My router is now on default settings,
> so by the process of elimination, I'm trying to find out what the
> problem is. I have also used google to try to see if any other threads
> online match my problem. None. If someone could help me out that would
> be most excellent! Thanks in advance everyone!

mlehman

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005

It's not blocking any ports. I have also tried setting a DMZ on my
router for my PC. Nothin.

mlehman wrote:
> No. it is a router. I'm sure of that. 100%.

Port forwarding is irrelevant. Make sure your router isn't blocking ports
though.

--
damien clan .
@ mcbain com

there's no place like 127.0.0.1

> It's not blocking any ports. I have also tried setting a DMZ on my
> router for my PC. Nothin.

Turn off all the access lists on your router and then build them back up
until you see the problem happening again...remember that the default for
access lists is "deny all".

mlehman

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005

thanks! that actually worked. Robbo knows what he's talking about.

Yeah, i wish all routers had cisco-like interfaces with a nice little
CLI, and then all the options had to be configured instead of
defaults.... I don't like defaults. Thanks again Robbo!