HP LJ 4V Pickup Roller

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

We recently had problems with the MP tray pickup roller. Essentially, every
sheet was jamming. The printer is about 10 years old and the rubber roller
had obviously lost its tackiness (nice and shiny, it was!). After pulling it
out and inspecting it, we tried something a little different: We took the
rubber piece off the spindle, turned it inside out, slipped it back on and
then reinstalled the spindle. Seems to work like it was brand new. Visually,
there seems to be no difference when we inverted it.

Anyone else tried this or heard of it? Just wondering about possible
problems.

John

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Common problem there are many inexpensive rebuild kits for new rollers.