NiMH batteries in MS Desktop 2 Wireless Optical mouse

The subject line is my question. There is no mention of possible use of
NiMH re-chargeable batteries in the optical mouse in the MS manual so I
wonder if the nominal voltage difference (1.5 V Alkaline and 1.2 V NiMH)
would work.
I bought a keyboard/mouse combo recently from A4Tech and found that the
batteries lasted 2 days max. (My wife plays on-line games that use the mouse
constantly [grrrrrrr!!]). I used this combo for a week before scraping it
and bought the MS Desktop 2 wireless combo. I like it very much and the
mouse battery has held up for about 2 weeks (with little use by my wife).
If the batteries last ~2 months there will be no problem but I want to
have the NiMH option if possible.
TIA
Don F
2 answers Last reply
More about nimh batteries desktop wireless optical mouse

    They won't damage the mouse, you can try them and see for
    just a few bucks. Or if you have a set of the batteries
    that have just failed, check the voltage (under a light
    load) to see what the minimum voltage is to run the mouse.

    "Don F" <nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    | The subject line is my question. There is no mention of
    possible use of
    | NiMH re-chargeable batteries in the optical mouse in the
    MS manual so I
    | wonder if the nominal voltage difference (1.5 V Alkaline
    and 1.2 V NiMH)
    | would work.
    | I bought a keyboard/mouse combo recently from A4Tech and
    found that the
    | batteries lasted 2 days max. (My wife plays on-line games
    that use the mouse
    | constantly [grrrrrrr!!]). I used this combo for a week
    before scraping it
    | and bought the MS Desktop 2 wireless combo. I like it
    very much and the
    | mouse battery has held up for about 2 weeks (with little
    use by my wife).
    | If the batteries last ~2 months there will be no problem
    but I want to
    | have the NiMH option if possible.
    | TIA
    | Don F

    Querry:NiMH batteries instead of regular type(s) in Kb and Mouse?
    YES and they last about as long at NiCads b4 needing a recharge.
    Been on them for 6-8 months for ALL devices: Cams, Transceivers, Handheld
    personal radios and sundries.
    Saved an 100 bucks or more already!

Mice Wireless Optical Mouse Desktops Windows XP