cannot load security module for counter-strike 1.6 (steam)

counter strike works perfectly fine,its just that everytime i try join
a game you have to download this security module and it just
freezes...if anyone has a possible solution please respond asap...thanks

mlehman

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005

are you hacking/cheating? LOL. but seriously, maybe your computer is
just hanging? Try joining an insecure server (The kind that don't
download security modules) and see if you can get into them. I would
say outdated hardware perhaps, or maybe you're just running alot of
apps other that steam/cs.

What are the specs on your PC?

jimbob

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2001

win wrote:
> counter strike works perfectly fine,its just that everytime i try join
> a game you have to download this security module and it just
> freezes...if anyone has a possible solution please respond
> asap...thanks

Has the game been fully updated with steam?
right click counter strike in steam/properties.