USB Printserver for Canon S300?

PeterH

I have a Canon S300 (USB) printer that I want to access from multiple
systems on an ethernet network. The systems are wire-connected via a
Linksys BEFW11S4 switch (which also has 802.11b, but I want a wired
printserver, not a wireless one).

I've seen a few printservers around that look like they might do the
trick, but I'm not savvy enough to avoid making a mistake. The Linksys
PSUS4 looked promising, but the fine print on the box says it doesn't
support GDI printers.

I'm hoping someone with this printer can recommend a printserver
that they've had success with. Any suggestions?

Peter

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:00:40 GMT, PeterH <pfhunt@nospam.pacbell.net>
wrote:

>I have a Canon S300 (USB) printer that I want to access from multiple
>systems on an ethernet network. The systems are wire-connected via a
>Linksys BEFW11S4 switch (which also has 802.11b, but I want a wired
>printserver, not a wireless one).
>
>I've seen a few printservers around that look like they might do the
>trick, but I'm not savvy enough to avoid making a mistake. The Linksys
>PSUS4 looked promising, but the fine print on the box says it doesn't
>support GDI printers.
>
>I'm hoping someone with this printer can recommend a printserver
>that they've had success with. Any suggestions?
>
>Peter

Try http://www.silex.jp

I ahve this on a i560 and it works perfectly.

Most of the mainstream units will not work.

PeterH

rllipham wrote:
> Try http://www.silex.jp
>
> I ahve this on a i560 and it works perfectly.
>
> Most of the mainstream units will not work.

Thanks! Do you know if these are available in the United States?

Peter