what is missing on the A7V8X-X?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 28, 2004 3:33:59 AM

why is this board so cheap? i have been thrilled so far with this little
econo board! something i should know about it?

jay cee

More about : missing a7v8x

April 28, 2004 3:34:00 AM

Hey Jay,

I have the same board, and like it alot. It is missing firewire, SATA,
Raid and that's about it. Not sure if that would be enough to keep the
price down or not. I don't have any use for SATA, Raid or even firewire
(not as of yet) so these options were not on my "gotta have it" list when I
got the board. I too would like to know why the board is cheaper than most?
Could it be the VIA northbridge/southbridge? who knows.....

Pete

"Jay Cee" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
> why is this board so cheap? i have been thrilled so far with this little
> econo board! something i should know about it?
>
> jay cee

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 28, 2004 4:56:48 PM

Pete mumbled his insignificant opinion in:
KJEjc.2695$_o1.307748@read2.cgocable.net

> Hey Jay,
>
> I have the same board, and like it alot. It is missing firewire,
> SATA, Raid and that's about it. Not sure if that would be enough to
> keep the price down or not. I don't have any use for SATA, Raid or
> even firewire (not as of yet) so these options were not on my "gotta
> have it" list when I got the board.

Thats part of the explanation. Missing dual channel ram also counts, im
sure some people choose motherboard with that.

> I too would like to know why the
> board is cheaper than most? Could it be the VIA
> northbridge/southbridge? who knows.....

The -X model doesnt have soundstorm, the only thing im really missing on the
board. Im quite pleased with the performance-price relation, but the onboard
sound is horrible. VERY noisy (as many other onboard are), but this one just
tops it.
!