what is missing on the A7V8X-X?

why is this board so cheap? i have been thrilled so far with this little
econo board! something i should know about it?

jay cee
2 answers Last reply
More about what missing a7v8x

    Hey Jay,

    I have the same board, and like it alot. It is missing firewire, SATA,
    Raid and that's about it. Not sure if that would be enough to keep the
    price down or not. I don't have any use for SATA, Raid or even firewire
    (not as of yet) so these options were not on my "gotta have it" list when I
    got the board. I too would like to know why the board is cheaper than most?
    Could it be the VIA northbridge/southbridge? who knows.....

    Pete

    "Jay Cee" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
    > why is this board so cheap? i have been thrilled so far with this little
    > econo board! something i should know about it?
    >
    > jay cee

    Pete mumbled his insignificant opinion in:
    KJEjc.2695$_o1.307748@read2.cgocable.net

    > Hey Jay,
    >
    > I have the same board, and like it alot. It is missing firewire,
    > SATA, Raid and that's about it. Not sure if that would be enough to
    > keep the price down or not. I don't have any use for SATA, Raid or
    > even firewire (not as of yet) so these options were not on my "gotta
    > have it" list when I got the board.

    Thats part of the explanation. Missing dual channel ram also counts, im
    sure some people choose motherboard with that.

    > I too would like to know why the
    > board is cheaper than most? Could it be the VIA
    > northbridge/southbridge? who knows.....

    The -X model doesnt have soundstorm, the only thing im really missing on the
    board. Im quite pleased with the performance-price relation, but the onboard
    sound is horrible. VERY noisy (as many other onboard are), but this one just
    tops it.

Asus Motherboards