safely remove hardware icon

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I want to remove the "safely remove hardware" icon that
keeps appearing in the system tray on my computer. I am
running XP and the icon should not be there. It's for my
HP printer, but I do not need to remove the printer. Is
there a way I can get rid of the icon?

Right click your toolbar; properties> Customize at the
bottom of the screen. Click the Icon and change it to
Always Hide.

Hope I helped,
~ Mitch

Bob