I have a problem with my second harddrive wich is Western Digital WD2000JB-22FUA0. The problem is that the disk went offline and can not brought online again. In the computer management, disk manager the status says failed and in the event viewer there are messages that say: Error; Event ID: 3, Source: dmboot, Description: dmboot: failed to start Volume2 (N:). If I try to reactivate this disk then it come with this error message: Operation did not compleate. Check the System Event log for more information about the error., and in the system event log there are error messages: Source: LDM, Event ID: 2, Description: INTERNAL Error - A format error was found in the private region of the disk (C10000A5). This disk was with one partition about 186 Gb partition. The disk come with 8 mb buffer size and has 200 Gb in size and the disk was in dynamic mode. Before it crased the operating system was always asking for a defragmentation that occur when I rebooted my computer and it sometimes seemed to be fixing some sectors of the disk and some of the data on the disk were sometimes not accessible but othertimes they were. Before the disk crased there were about 150 Gb of data on the disk. Now I can not access any data on this disk but the bios detects it (during startup), I see it in the Device Manager, also in the Disk Manager and those data recovery tools that I have tried can access the data. I have the latest bios software. Here are some system information about my computer:

[System Information]
Computer Name - XXXXX
Current User - Xxxx Xxxxxxxxxx
Current Date - 2004/4/28 12:24:39
Operating System - Microsoft Windows XP
Local Language - Icelandic
Physical Memory - 768MB Total, 508MB Available

[Processor Information]
CPU Vendor - Intel
CPU Type - Pentium 4
CPU Identity - Family: 15 Model: 2 Step: 4
Socket Type - Socket 478
Frequency - 2533MHz = 133MHz * 19.0
Core Voltage - 1.50V

[Mortherboard]
Vendor - AOpen Inc.
Model - AX4GR
BIOS Ver - R1.06
Release Date - Apr.03.2003
ROM Size - 4Mb
ROM Ver - 6.00 PG

[PCI Devices List]
PCI0 - 00, 00, 00, Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Processor to I/O Controller - 2560
PCI1 - 00, 01, 00, Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Processor to AGP Controller - 2561
PCI2 - 00, 1D, 00, Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C2
PCI3 - 00, 1D, 01, Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C4
PCI4 - 00, 1D, 02, Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C7
PCI5 - 00, 1D, 07, Intel(r) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD
PCI6 - 00, 1E, 00, Intel(R) 82801DB PCI Bridge - 244E
PCI7 - 00, 1F, 00, Intel(R) 82801DB LPC Interface Controller - 24C0
PCI8 - 00, 1F, 01, Intel(R) 82801DB Ultra ATA Controller
PCI9 - 00, 1F, 03, Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM SMBus Controller - 24C3
PCI10 - 01, 00, 00, Matrox Marvel G450 eTV - English
PCI11 - 02, 07, 00,
PCI12 - 02, 0A, 00, Trust 56k V92 PCI Modem
PCI13 - 02, 0B, 00, Hauppauge Win/TV 878/9 VFW Video Driver
PCI14 - 02, 0B, 01, Hauppauge Win/TV 878/9 VFW Audio Driver
PCI15 - 02, 0C, 00, Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
PCI16 - 02, 0C, 01, Creative Game Port
PCI17 - 02, 0C, 02, OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

[IDE Devices List]
[IDE1(MASTER)]
Serial No. -
Model No. - TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1612
Firmware - 1004
DMA mode - Ultra DMA 2
PIO mode - PIO mode 4
Capacity - -
[IDE1(SLAVE)]
Serial No. - S00JJ40X248519
Model No. - SAMSUNG SP0802N
Firmware - TK100-24
DMA mode - Ultra DMA 5
PIO mode - PIO mode 4
Capacity - 80060 Mb
[IDE2(MASTER)]
Serial No. - 076983
Model No. - PLEXTOR CD-R PX-320A
Firmware - 1.06
DMA mode - Ultra DMA 2
PIO mode - PIO mode 4
Capacity - -
[IDE2(SLAVE)]
Serial No. - WD-WMAEP1302126
Model No. - WDC WD2000JB-22FUA0
Firmware - 15.05R15
DMA mode - Ultra DMA 5
PIO mode - PIO mode 4
Capacity - 137438 Mb

Please note this is my second Western Digital harddrive, this one is a replacement for the first one that had many bad sectors and was same tipe as this one.

So my question is what can I do? Can I fix the LDM without loosing all the data that I have on the disk? I don't have capacity for all the data on that failed fisk.

Please help!
ARNII in Iceland

Hi there ARNII!

I am having a similar problem! I am currently trying to fix it... I
found this thread that may be helpful... I am about to try it out now.

http://dbforums.com/t675935.html

If you have any luck let me know! Likewise if I have any luck I will
get back in touch with you!

Cheers,
Ken

--