JAVA

Very often I receive email that requires JAVA. I get the
next three steps...(1)"To display this page correctly, you
need to download and install the following components
(Java Virtual Machine) There's a download button I push
and the next page (2) We're sorry, you cannot view this
page because it requires MSJVM. Your machine does not
have the MSJVM installed. For more information visit
www.microsoft.com/java (3) This site has legal
information that speaks of litigations and discourages
continued distribution, etc.
Obviously I am not computer savvy and very frustrated. Can
anyone there tell me how to view my email that requires
MSJVM?
3 answers Last reply
More about java

    Greetings --

    As the result of a lawsuit by Sun Microsystems, and the ensuing
    settlement, Microsoft was not allowed to provide its own Java Virtual
    Machine to Windows XP users. You can get almost the same
    functionality by downloading Sun's version of Java from
    http://java.sun.com/getjava/index.html. If you want the broader
    capabilities of Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine, it is still
    available from a lot of 3rd-party web sites, some of which are listed
    here: http://www.java-virtual-machine.net/download.html.

    If you do choose the Microsoft JVM, be sure to visit Windows
    Update to apply a needed security patch.

    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-011
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-011.asp
    (Prevents the Trojan.ByteVerify issue)

    Bruce Chambers

    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. -- RAH

    "Frankie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Very often I receive email that requires JAVA. I get the
    > next three steps...(1)"To display this page correctly, you
    > need to download and install the following components
    > (Java Virtual Machine) There's a download button I push
    > and the next page (2) We're sorry, you cannot view this
    > page because it requires MSJVM. Your machine does not
    > have the MSJVM installed. For more information visit
    > www.microsoft.com/java (3) This site has legal
    > information that speaks of litigations and discourages
    > continued distribution, etc.
    > Obviously I am not computer savvy and very frustrated. Can
    > anyone there tell me how to view my email that requires
    > MSJVM?

    "Frankie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...
    > Obviously I am not computer savvy and very frustrated. Can
    > anyone there tell me how to view my email that requires
    > MSJVM?

    I would NEVER enable Java for e-mail! I would not even enable JavaScript
    for e-mail!

    You can download the current Sun Java Virtual Machine (JRE or Java Runtime
    Environment) from http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html. Install it,
    and you will be able to view Java applets in your web browser.

    Frankie wrote:
    > Very often I receive email that requires JAVA. I get the
    > next three steps...(1)"To display this page correctly, you
    > need to download and install the following components
    > (Java Virtual Machine) There's a download button I push
    > and the next page (2) We're sorry, you cannot view this
    > page because it requires MSJVM. Your machine does not
    > have the MSJVM installed. For more information visit
    > www.microsoft.com/java (3) This site has legal
    > information that speaks of litigations and discourages
    > continued distribution, etc.
    > Obviously I am not computer savvy and very frustrated. Can
    > anyone there tell me how to view my email that requires
    > MSJVM?

    First - why would anyone want to get email that requires JAVA to view is
    BEYOND me. Sounds so extraordinarily unsafe!

    Get it from Sun..
    http://java.com/en/index.jsp

    Install it.

    --