USB2 chain on a P4C800-E Deluxe??

Stephen

Hello all...

I know if I plug a USB 1.1 device (or hub) into a USB 2.0 chain it will slow
the whole chain down to 1.1 level.

I know that the P4C800-E D have two USB controllers.

Is there a way to have a 1.1 chain and a 2.0 chain on the same computer?

Which power do I need to plug my USB 2.0 devices into to keep their speed at
the high 2.0 levels while still having a slow 1.1 separate chain?

Thanks,

Steve

"Stephen" <smintz@sedona.intel.com> wrote in message
> Hello all...
>
> I know if I plug a USB 1.1 device (or hub) into a USB 2.0 chain it will
slow
> the whole chain down to 1.1 level.
>
> I know that the P4C800-E D have two USB controllers.
>
> Is there a way to have a 1.1 chain and a 2.0 chain on the same computer?
>
> Which power do I need to plug my USB 2.0 devices into to keep their speed
at
> the high 2.0 levels while still having a slow 1.1 separate chain?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

USB 1.1 and 2.0 devices can be connected on the same chain without problems.
The bandwidth is shared among
the devices. The speed of the whole line is not brought
down to 1.1 speeds.

Jim M