Dual Monitors

This might not be the right place to ask. I have two monitors and a dual
video card.

The card came with a short cable with two, one has 5 pins and the other is a
single female end - as if a jack would plug into it.

The one monitor is plugged into the video card, as per usual. I have no
idea how to plug in the other monitor. The card has an additional plug on
it, but I don't have anything that will match it. I think I can figure out
how to dual them, after I get them plugged in ... but plugging them in, is
the mystery. Perhaps I didn't receive the necessary linking cable for this.
I'm usually pretty mechanical, but this has got me miffed.

Can anyone help? My apologize if I'm asking too much from this forum.

Thanks
Diana

On Sun, 2 May 2004 17:57:28 -0600, Bob Horvath wrote:

If the second monitor is an analog one, you probably need a dvi to
analog adapter.

>This might not be the right place to ask. I have two monitors and a dual
>video card.
>
>The card came with a short cable with two, one has 5 pins and the other is a
>single female end - as if a jack would plug into it.
>
>The one monitor is plugged into the video card, as per usual. I have no
>idea how to plug in the other monitor. The card has an additional plug on
>it, but I don't have anything that will match it. I think I can figure out
>how to dual them, after I get them plugged in ... but plugging them in, is
>the mystery. Perhaps I didn't receive the necessary linking cable for this.
>I'm usually pretty mechanical, but this has got me miffed.
>
>Can anyone help? My apologize if I'm asking too much from this forum.
>
>Thanks
>Diana

Out". If so, the 5-pin plug is "s-video" (picture only)
and the other is an RCA connection (sound only) both of
which you can plug into a TV - not a monitor.