Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

ASUS probe says Fan not running...

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 28, 2004 10:53:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

My machine configuration is
AMD Athlon XP 2500+ 1.8Ghz AM
MB: ASUS A7V600
RAM: 400Hz 1.5GB
ANTEC Powersupply 430V

I have two issues

1) When I boot my machine my ASUS PC Probe cribs saying Power FAN &
Chasis FAN are mot running.
But all the three fans are running. n the temparature monitor
dialog box, value of Power FAN & Chasis FAN is 0.

2) Some time When boot, PC goes to bios setting and says this "This
system is newly installed ...
start the machine at lowest CPU speed". I feel BIOS thinks I am
running at high speed, but I am
I am running at 1.8GHz

Any inputs are welcome


Thanks
Ramesh

More about : asus probe fan running

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2004 4:56:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

> 1) When I boot my machine my ASUS PC Probe cribs saying Power FAN &
> Chasis FAN are mot running.
> But all the three fans are running. n the temparature monitor
> dialog box, value of Power FAN & Chasis FAN is 0.

Do you have them connected to the on board fan connectors and do they both
have the third (yellow) monitoring wire?
May 1, 2004 12:08:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

"Darkfalz" <darkfalz@xis.com.au> wrote in message news:<c6pqth$el0ae$1@ID-108208.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> > 1) When I boot my machine my ASUS PC Probe cribs saying Power FAN &
> > Chasis FAN are mot running.
> > But all the three fans are running. n the temparature monitor
> > dialog box, value of Power FAN & Chasis FAN is 0.
>
> Do you have them connected to the on board fan connectors and do they both
> have the third (yellow) monitoring wire?

There is no yellow wire for any of the fans. ASUS probe does not show
warbing for CPU fan.

Here are the wire configuraions
PowerFAN:- Has 3pins, 2wires Blue & Black. On this wires there is
sticker marked as "PSU Fan Monitor"

ChasisFAN:- Has 3pins, 3wires Red, Black & white.

There is also another cable coming out of Power supply named as "FAN
OLNY". This seems like powersupply for a fan. This is a BLACK &
YELLOW cable. I do not see a way make this fit to any motherboard
connector.



Thanks
Ramesh
May 1, 2004 5:34:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Ramesh wrote:
> "Darkfalz" <darkfalz@xis.com.au> wrote in message news:<c6pqth$el0ae$1@ID-108208.news.uni-berlin.de>...
>
>>>1) When I boot my machine my ASUS PC Probe cribs saying Power FAN &
>>>Chasis FAN are mot running.
>>> But all the three fans are running. n the temparature monitor
>>>dialog box, value of Power FAN & Chasis FAN is 0.
>>
>>Do you have them connected to the on board fan connectors and do they both
>>have the third (yellow) monitoring wire?
>
>
> There is no yellow wire for any of the fans. ASUS probe does not show
> warbing for CPU fan.
>
> Here are the wire configuraions
> PowerFAN:- Has 3pins, 2wires Blue & Black. On this wires there is
> sticker marked as "PSU Fan Monitor"
>
> ChasisFAN:- Has 3pins, 3wires Red, Black & white.
>
> There is also another cable coming out of Power supply named as "FAN
> OLNY". This seems like powersupply for a fan. This is a BLACK &
> YELLOW cable. I do not see a way make this fit to any motherboard
> connector.
>
>
>
> Thanks
> Ramesh

Ramesh,
As you see, not all fans use yellow wire for the sensor lead but most
do! On your Antec Power Supply the small black/blue wired connector
goes to your PS Fan connection the MB. The other connectors from the PS
(4 Pin/black-yellow wires) are only for fans which are controlled by a
sensor in the Power Supply. You won't be able to monitor these fans!
If you connect a fan with 3 pins to the Chassis Fan connection, it can
be monitored. The wiring follows the same pin configuration as your CPU
Fan. Black is typically GND, Red is +12V and it seems you have a white
wire instead of a yellow one for Rotation. Check the manual to make
sure the fan's amperage does not exceed your boards rating. Once these
are hooked up you should see them in the BIOS (might need updating). If
all looks good in BIOS, then ASUS Probe may need it's thresholds
adjusted to be able to see the slower speed fans using that program. HTH.

Rob
!