Sidewinder Precision Pro

I have a Sidewinder Precision Pro joysitck. The CD that
came with the joy stick will not install on my current
computer wiht Windows XP Home Edition. The joy stick
will do the basic functions but I cannot et the control
buttons on the joystick. Is there another source for an
update program to control this joy stick. I have
downloaded the update from the Microsoft site and it will
not install.
Thanks in advance

I use the pro2 joystick and its ok perhaps the pro is not XP compatible and
its another Microsoft scam to get you to up date old hardware