REcovering data from NTFS

hi !!
is there any program taht could help me recover datar from a formatted ntfs
drive actually i unintentionaly formatted one drive having ntfs file
system... so i want to recover that data any help please
8 answers Last reply
More about recovering data ntfs

    Once you reformat a drive, the drive is wiped clean
    of all files and data.

    You could try:

    Search and Recover is a powerful arsenal of tools designed to instantly
    recover deleted, destroyed, and damaged items from your PC. Such items
    include files, folders, songs, pictures, videos, programs, critical system
    components, web pages, and even e-mail messages. Search and Recover
    works with any drive (hard or floppy of any size and format), and can even
    recover deleted photos, songs, and more from digital cameras, MP3 players,
    USB flash drives, and other digital devices.

    Visit: http://www.iolo.com/sr/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "N" <alsdjf@asdjf.sdfj> wrote in message:

    | hi !!
    | is there any program taht could help me recover datar from a formatted ntfs
    | drive actually i unintentionaly formatted one drive having ntfs file
    | system... so i want to recover that data any help please

    Try this.. http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm .. it is
    free.. you could also try Ontracks 'Easy Recovery' but you have to pay for
    that one..

    "N" <alsdjf@asdjf.sdfj> wrote in message
    > hi !!
    > is there any program taht could help me recover datar from a formatted
    ntfs
    > drive actually i unintentionaly formatted one drive having ntfs file
    > system... so i want to recover that data any help please

    runtime software to recover data from damage HDD. But if
    you've formatted the drive... i don't know ...

    >.

    If you are running XP, your system should recognize it. However, if you are
    saying that you formatted that hard drive, and it contained important data -
    you are probably out of luck in retrieving that data. However, there may be
    some sort of data retrieval program out there. Do a Google search. In the
    meantime, do NOT use or access that hard drive at all because the old data
    would be overwritten.

    "N" <alsdjf@asdjf.sdfj> wrote in message
    > hi !!
    > is there any program taht could help me recover datar from a formatted
    ntfs
    > drive actually i unintentionaly formatted one drive having ntfs file
    > system... so i want to recover that data any help please

    "N" <alsdjf@asdjf.sdfj> wrote in message
    > hi !!
    > is there any program taht could help me recover datar from a formatted
    ntfs
    > drive actually i unintentionaly formatted one drive having ntfs file
    > system... so i want to recover that data any help please

    Here are a few options, listed in order of cost:
    a) Restore from backup
    b) Install the disk as a slave disk in some other
    WinXP PC, then try some of these tools:
    - http://www.restorer2000.com/r2k.htm
    - http://www.hddrecovery.com.au
    - http://bootmaster.filerecovery.biz
    c) Take the disk to a data recovery service.

    If option a) is not available then you may have to
    treat this unpleasant episode as a rude reminder
    to review your backup strategy. Remember that
    most data loss occurs not because of user error
    but because of file system corruption or hardware
    failure.

    Pegasus (MVP) wrote:
    > Here are a few options, listed in order of cost:
    > a) Restore from backup
    > b) Install the disk as a slave disk in some other
    > WinXP PC, then try some of these tools:
    > - http://www.restorer2000.com/r2k.htm
    > - http://www.hddrecovery.com.au
    > - http://bootmaster.filerecovery.biz
    > c) Take the disk to a data recovery service.
    >
    > If option a) is not available then you may have to
    > treat this unpleasant episode as a rude reminder
    > to review your backup strategy. Remember that
    > most data loss occurs not because of user error
    > but because of file system corruption or hardware
    > failure.

    What about just ghosting the drive over a network to a server and using
    GhostExplorer to read the contents of the image?

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    "Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
    > N wrote:
    > > is there any program taht could help me recover datar from a
    > > formatted ntfs drive actually i unintentionaly formatted one drive
    > > having ntfs file system... so i want to recover that data any help
    > > please
    >
    > Pegasus (MVP) wrote:
    > > Here are a few options, listed in order of cost:
    > > a) Restore from backup
    > > b) Install the disk as a slave disk in some other
    > > WinXP PC, then try some of these tools:
    > > - http://www.restorer2000.com/r2k.htm
    > > - http://www.hddrecovery.com.au
    > > - http://bootmaster.filerecovery.biz
    > > c) Take the disk to a data recovery service.
    > >
    > > If option a) is not available then you may have to
    > > treat this unpleasant episode as a rude reminder
    > > to review your backup strategy. Remember that
    > > most data loss occurs not because of user error
    > > but because of file system corruption or hardware
    > > failure.
    >

    > What about just ghosting the drive over a network to a server and using
    > GhostExplorer to read the contents of the image?
    >
    > --
    > <- Shenan ->
    > --

    Will Ghost access data located on a formatted NTFS partition?
    I always thought that it requires an intact file system to do its
    job, but perhaps Ghost can do more than I thought!

    N wrote:
    > is there any program taht could help me recover datar from a
    > formatted ntfs drive actually i unintentionaly formatted one drive
    > having ntfs file system... so i want to recover that data any help
    > please

    Pegasus (MVP) wrote:
    <snip>
    > Here are a few options, listed in order of cost:
    > a) Restore from backup
    > b) Install the disk as a slave disk in some other
    > WinXP PC, then try some of these tools:
    > - http://www.restorer2000.com/r2k.htm
    > - http://www.hddrecovery.com.au
    > - http://bootmaster.filerecovery.biz
    > c) Take the disk to a data recovery service.

    </snip>

    Pegasus (MVP) wrote:
    > Will Ghost access data located on a formatted NTFS partition?
    > I always thought that it requires an intact file system to do its
    > job, but perhaps Ghost can do more than I thought!

    I admittedly missed that part *grin* - however, I have restore partition
    information before using this utility:

    http://bootmaster.filerecovery.biz/

    Then ghosted the resulting partitions without doing anything else and
    recovered data.

    (I did not attempt to boot immediately in the fear that it might try to
    repair itself, causing more damage.)

    --
    <- Shenan ->

NTFS Windows XP