REcovering data from NTFS

May 2, 2004 9:53:10 PM

hi !!
is there any program taht could help me recover datar from a formatted ntfs
drive actually i unintentionaly formatted one drive having ntfs file
system... so i want to recover that data any help please

More about : recovering data ntfs

Anonymous
May 3, 2004 1:24:27 AM

Once you reformat a drive, the drive is wiped clean
of all files and data.

You could try:

Search and Recover is a powerful arsenal of tools designed to instantly
recover deleted, destroyed, and damaged items from your PC. Such items
include files, folders, songs, pictures, videos, programs, critical system
components, web pages, and even e-mail messages. Search and Recover
works with any drive (hard or floppy of any size and format), and can even
recover deleted photos, songs, and more from digital cameras, MP3 players,
USB flash drives, and other digital devices.

Visit: http://www.iolo.com/sr/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"N" <alsdjf@asdjf.sdfj> wrote in message:

| hi !!
| is there any program taht could help me recover datar from a formatted ntfs
| drive actually i unintentionaly formatted one drive having ntfs file
| system... so i want to recover that data any help please
May 3, 2004 11:46:29 AM

Try this.. http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm .. it is
free.. you could also try Ontracks 'Easy Recovery' but you have to pay for
that one..

"N" <alsdjf@asdjf.sdfj> wrote in message
> hi !!
> is there any program taht could help me recover datar from a formatted
ntfs
> drive actually i unintentionaly formatted one drive having ntfs file
> system... so i want to recover that data any help please

May 3, 2004 1:14:28 PM

runtime software to recover data from damage HDD. But if
you've formatted the drive... i don't know ...

>.

May 3, 2004 2:34:12 PM

If you are running XP, your system should recognize it. However, if you are
saying that you formatted that hard drive, and it contained important data -
you are probably out of luck in retrieving that data. However, there may be
some sort of data retrieval program out there. Do a Google search. In the
meantime, do NOT use or access that hard drive at all because the old data
would be overwritten.

"N" <alsdjf@asdjf.sdfj> wrote in message
> hi !!
> is there any program taht could help me recover datar from a formatted
ntfs
> drive actually i unintentionaly formatted one drive having ntfs file
> system... so i want to recover that data any help please

Anonymous
May 3, 2004 6:52:09 PM

"N" <alsdjf@asdjf.sdfj> wrote in message
> hi !!
> is there any program taht could help me recover datar from a formatted
ntfs
> drive actually i unintentionaly formatted one drive having ntfs file
> system... so i want to recover that data any help please

Here are a few options, listed in order of cost:
a) Restore from backup
b) Install the disk as a slave disk in some other
WinXP PC, then try some of these tools:
- http://www.restorer2000.com/r2k.htm
- http://www.hddrecovery.com.au
- http://bootmaster.filerecovery.biz
c) Take the disk to a data recovery service.

If option a) is not available then you may have to
treat this unpleasant episode as a rude reminder
to review your backup strategy. Remember that
most data loss occurs not because of user error
but because of file system corruption or hardware
failure.
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 6:52:10 PM

Pegasus (MVP) wrote:
> Here are a few options, listed in order of cost:
> a) Restore from backup
> b) Install the disk as a slave disk in some other
> WinXP PC, then try some of these tools:
> - http://www.restorer2000.com/r2k.htm
> - http://www.hddrecovery.com.au
> - http://bootmaster.filerecovery.biz
> c) Take the disk to a data recovery service.
>
> If option a) is not available then you may have to
> treat this unpleasant episode as a rude reminder
> to review your backup strategy. Remember that
> most data loss occurs not because of user error
> but because of file system corruption or hardware
> failure.

What about just ghosting the drive over a network to a server and using
GhostExplorer to read the contents of the image?

--
<- Shenan ->
May 3, 2004 9:03:37 PM

"Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
news:o SyyupNMEHA.3872@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> N wrote:
> > is there any program taht could help me recover datar from a
> > formatted ntfs drive actually i unintentionaly formatted one drive
> > having ntfs file system... so i want to recover that data any help
> > please
>
> Pegasus (MVP) wrote:
> > Here are a few options, listed in order of cost:
> > a) Restore from backup
> > b) Install the disk as a slave disk in some other
> > WinXP PC, then try some of these tools:
> > - http://www.restorer2000.com/r2k.htm
> > - http://www.hddrecovery.com.au
> > - http://bootmaster.filerecovery.biz
> > c) Take the disk to a data recovery service.
> >
> > If option a) is not available then you may have to
> > treat this unpleasant episode as a rude reminder
> > to review your backup strategy. Remember that
> > most data loss occurs not because of user error
> > but because of file system corruption or hardware
> > failure.
>

> What about just ghosting the drive over a network to a server and using
> GhostExplorer to read the contents of the image?
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->
> --

Will Ghost access data located on a formatted NTFS partition?
I always thought that it requires an intact file system to do its
job, but perhaps Ghost can do more than I thought!
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 9:03:38 PM

N wrote:
> is there any program taht could help me recover datar from a
> formatted ntfs drive actually i unintentionaly formatted one drive
> having ntfs file system... so i want to recover that data any help
> please

Pegasus (MVP) wrote:
<snip>
> Here are a few options, listed in order of cost:
> a) Restore from backup
> b) Install the disk as a slave disk in some other
> WinXP PC, then try some of these tools:
> - http://www.restorer2000.com/r2k.htm
> - http://www.hddrecovery.com.au
> - http://bootmaster.filerecovery.biz
> c) Take the disk to a data recovery service.

</snip>

Pegasus (MVP) wrote:
> Will Ghost access data located on a formatted NTFS partition?
> I always thought that it requires an intact file system to do its
> job, but perhaps Ghost can do more than I thought!

I admittedly missed that part *grin* - however, I have restore partition
information before using this utility:

http://bootmaster.filerecovery.biz/

Then ghosted the resulting partitions without doing anything else and
recovered data.

(I did not attempt to boot immediately in the fear that it might try to
repair itself, causing more damage.)

--
<- Shenan ->