Tags:
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
May 3, 2004 2:31:11 AM

Hi
When trying to put an image on my second harddrive using
Drive Image, I get the following error message:
"Disk Manager has been detected on drive %lu, but Disk
Manager is not running."
This disk had windows xp installed, but I formatted the
disk to give me a clean second drive.
Is this a Drive Image problem or a XP problem and if so
how do I enable the Disk manager?

PS I don't know if this helps, but the second disk is a
Seagate 80g disk with no jumper leads.
Thanks in advance

More about : disk manager problem

Anonymous
May 3, 2004 4:43:19 AM

The drive is set to be a slave and the master has jumpers on
the left set #7 & 8 pins?
See
http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/ref/jumper_setti...
for pin outs.

Sounds like you need to reinstall Drive Image and then
create the image file.

"wombat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:748901c430cf$d8618610$a601280a@phx.gbl...