disk manager problem

Hi
When trying to put an image on my second harddrive using
Drive Image, I get the following error message:
"Disk Manager has been detected on drive %lu, but Disk
Manager is not running."
This disk had windows xp installed, but I formatted the
disk to give me a clean second drive.
Is this a Drive Image problem or a XP problem and if so
how do I enable the Disk manager?

PS I don't know if this helps, but the second disk is a
Seagate 80g disk with no jumper leads.
Thanks in advance
1 answer Last reply
More about disk manager problem

    The drive is set to be a slave and the master has jumpers on
    the left set #7 & 8 pins?
    See
    http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/ref/jumper_settings.html
    for pin outs.

    Sounds like you need to reinstall Drive Image and then
    create the image file.

    "wombat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:748901c430cf$d8618610$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    | Hi
    | When trying to put an image on my second harddrive using
    | Drive Image, I get the following error message:
    | "Disk Manager has been detected on drive %lu, but Disk
    | Manager is not running."
    | This disk had windows xp installed, but I formatted the
    | disk to give me a clean second drive.
    | Is this a Drive Image problem or a XP problem and if so
    | how do I enable the Disk manager?
    |
    | PS I don't know if this helps, but the second disk is a
    | Seagate 80g disk with no jumper leads.
    | Thanks in advance

Windows XP