Asus P4C800-E Deluxe doesn't like Asus V9980 graphics card

kanenas

Hi all.
Continuing my upgraded computer's problems...
The Asus V9980 card was sent to the local Asus dealer. They run it
throuh the tests and the card was fine.
In parallel, I sent the P4C800-E Deluxe mobo (with the box and the
extras in it) to the hardware supplier.
They run the tests and the mobo was fine with an NVidia 5200.
The supplier got the Asus card from the dealer and tried it out.
This combination did't work.
The system was still freezing when running DirectX tests in XP.
They tried the Asus card in another brand new P4C800-E Deluxe and it
still kept freezing.
It looks like this combo is not working. Maybe power problem or
something else.
Has anybody set up this cobination successfully?
Thanks.

kanenas wrote:

> Hi all.
> Continuing my upgraded computer's problems...
> The Asus V9980 card was sent to the local Asus dealer. They run it
> throuh the tests and the card was fine.
> In parallel, I sent the P4C800-E Deluxe mobo (with the box and the
> extras in it) to the hardware supplier.
> They run the tests and the mobo was fine with an NVidia 5200.
> The supplier got the Asus card from the dealer and tried it out.
> This combination did't work.
> The system was still freezing when running DirectX tests in XP.
> They tried the Asus card in another brand new P4C800-E Deluxe and it
> still kept freezing.
> It looks like this combo is not working. Maybe power problem or
> something else.
> Has anybody set up this cobination successfully?
> Thanks.

Running just fine here, except in EverQuest with the ongoing problems
with their new graphics engine.

kanenas

It looks like it was a matter of power supply after all.
Regards.

kanenas wrote:

> It looks like it was a matter of power supply after all.
> Regards.

Good to hear! You'll love the card! As an aside, I had a 500W power
supply to begin with.