A7V600-X - quick question

I ordered a A7V600-X for someone, but afterwards I realised that nowadays
some MB's may not support floppy drives anymore. I forgot to ask explicitly.
Can anyone enlighten me on this?

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

Paul

Splendid

In article <c6rkaa$fa42j$1@ID-54604.news.uni-berlin.de>, "Linea Recta"
<mccm.vos@abc.net> wrote:

> I ordered a A7V600-X for someone, but afterwards I realised that nowadays
> some MB's may not support floppy drives anymore. I forgot to ask explicitly.
> Can anyone enlighten me on this?

All the Asus motherboards I've read about so far, have an
interface for at least one floppy. (I haven't read a manual
yet where there wasn't one.) If you want two floppy drives
simultaneously, then investigate the manual more carefully,
as some Super I/O chips multiplex the signals for a second
floppy with the IR header, so the second floppy cannot be
made to work if there is also an IR header.

http://www.asuscom.de/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/kt600/a7v600-x/e1451_a7v600-x.pdf

Also, there are occasional posts, where a person is not able to
get a new motherboard to work with an old floppy. When they change
floppy drive brands, it starts to work. I have no idea why
that happens.

You should Google on the motherboard model number and the word
"floppy", to see if there are any known problems.

HTH,
Paul

I've got an A7V600 with a 3.5 floppy on it works fine its an old generic
floppy I don't even know what brand it is. The BIOS can handle floppy boot
if thats what you need.

"Paul" <nospam@needed.com> schreef in bericht
> In article <c6rkaa$fa42j$1@ID-54604.news.uni-berlin.de>, "Linea Recta"
> <mccm.vos@abc.net> wrote:
>
> > I ordered a A7V600-X for someone, but afterwards I realised that
nowadays
> > some MB's may not support floppy drives anymore. I forgot to ask
explicitly.
> > Can anyone enlighten me on this?
>
> All the Asus motherboards I've read about so far, have an
> interface for at least one floppy. (I haven't read a manual
> yet where there wasn't one.)

Good, that's what I needed to know for sure.

> If you want two floppy drives

No need for that.

--
thanks & regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

"notritenoteri" <coldasfire@hades.com> schreef in bericht
> I've got an A7V600 with a 3.5 floppy on it works fine its an old generic
> floppy I don't even know what brand it is. The BIOS can handle floppy
boot
> if thats what you need.

Yes, that was my concern.

--