i got a 80GB hard disk with 7 partitions the problem is
that when ever i delete a bigger file the space occupied
by the file doesnt get free and the hard disk shows the
same amount of free space before the deletion of the file
please help me with that i m using windows XP 2004 version

Did you empty the Recycle Bin? It has to be emptied before you see the freed
space.

"RamEEz" <rameezasif@gawab.com> wrote in message
> i got a 80GB hard disk with 7 partitions the problem is
> that when ever i delete a bigger file the space occupied
> by the file doesnt get free and the hard disk shows the
> same amount of free space before the deletion of the file
> please help me with that i m using windows XP 2004 version

Depends on how big the file is. Over 4gb CANNOT be stored in the Recycle
Bin! It is simply deleted!

--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"RamEEz" <rameezasif@gawab.com> skrev i melding
> i got a 80GB hard disk with 7 partitions the problem is
> that when ever i delete a bigger file the space occupied
> by the file doesnt get free and the hard disk shows the
> same amount of free space before the deletion of the file
> please help me with that i m using windows XP 2004 version

Hi.
Hold down the SHIFT key when U press/click delete, to delete the file
without sending it to the recycle bin.

Btw, why so many partititions on the drive? Your partititions will fill up
very quickly indeed with these small sizes on your partititions.

Best regards
T.K.