A7N8X-D MBM 5 stops showing no values

Hi NG,
I got a very strange problem.
Since 4 days I got a AMD XP2500 Mobile, and more or less succesfully
overclocked it to (12.5x193) 2416 MHz. The systems runs stable no crashes.
But MBM 5, sometimes, stops showing all temps, fan rpms and voltages.
I don`t know whats causing this. (temps are 38C idle and 48C stressed)

I am using the 1007 uber bios.
What can be causing this problem??

Any help appriciated!

Regards,
Bob

"Gkirmathal" <the_guardain@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
> Hi NG,
> I got a very strange problem.
> Since 4 days I got a AMD XP2500 Mobile, and more or less succesfully
> overclocked it to (12.5x193) 2416 MHz. The systems runs stable no crashes.
> But MBM 5, sometimes, stops showing all temps, fan rpms and voltages.
> I don`t know whats causing this. (temps are 38C idle and 48C stressed)
>
> I am using the 1007 uber bios.
> What can be causing this problem??
>
> Any help appriciated!
>
> Regards,
> Bob

something else is using the smbus and causing mbm5 to lock the values off.
do you use asus probe? .. that'll do it ..
there are lots of other programs that will cause the problem too

Paul

Splendid

In article <slrkc.82$B_3.50@newsfe1-gui.server.ntli.net>, "rstlne"
<.@text.news.virgin.net> wrote:

> "Gkirmathal" <the_guardain@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
> > Hi NG,
> > I got a very strange problem.
> > Since 4 days I got a AMD XP2500 Mobile, and more or less succesfully
> > overclocked it to (12.5x193) 2416 MHz. The systems runs stable no crashes.
> > But MBM 5, sometimes, stops showing all temps, fan rpms and voltages.
> > I don`t know whats causing this. (temps are 38C idle and 48C stressed)
> >
> > I am using the 1007 uber bios.
> > What can be causing this problem??
> >
> > Any help appriciated!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Bob
>

> something else is using the smbus and causing mbm5 to lock the values off.
> do you use asus probe? .. that'll do it ..
> there are lots of other programs that will cause the problem too

Run Prime95 and see if the system is still stable.
It could be that the system is stable at idle, but
not when fully loaded. (You could also try SuperPI for
a quick check.)

Try 12x193 and see if that works better.

MBM5 has a semaphore for using the SMBUS, and maybe it has
become confused (the semaphore is marked busy, meaning
something is using the SMBUS, when in fact there is no
other agent using it). The semaphore is needed, since the
SMBUS will return garbage if two agents attempt to access the
hardware at the same time. I don't know if there is any other
mechanism for MBM5 to get locked out of the hardware or not.

Just a guess,
Paul

Paul wrote:
> In article <slrkc.82$B_3.50@newsfe1-gui.server.ntli.net>, "rstlne"
> <.@text.news.virgin.net> wrote:
>

>>"Gkirmathal" <the_guardain@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi NG,
>>>I got a very strange problem.
>>>Since 4 days I got a AMD XP2500 Mobile, and more or less succesfully
>>>overclocked it to (12.5x193) 2416 MHz. The systems runs stable no crashes.
>>>But MBM 5, sometimes, stops showing all temps, fan rpms and voltages.
>>>I don`t know whats causing this. (temps are 38C idle and 48C stressed)
>>>
>>>I am using the 1007 uber bios.
>>>What can be causing this problem??
>>>
>>>Any help appriciated!
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>Bob
>>

>>something else is using the smbus and causing mbm5 to lock the values off.
>>do you use asus probe? .. that'll do it ..
>>there are lots of other programs that will cause the problem too
>

> Run Prime95 and see if the system is still stable.
> It could be that the system is stable at idle, but
> not when fully loaded. (You could also try SuperPI for
> a quick check.)
>
> Try 12x193 and see if that works better.
>
> MBM5 has a semaphore for using the SMBUS, and maybe it has
> become confused (the semaphore is marked busy, meaning
> something is using the SMBUS, when in fact there is no
> other agent using it). The semaphore is needed, since the
> SMBUS will return garbage if two agents attempt to access the
> hardware at the same time. I don't know if there is any other
> mechanism for MBM5 to get locked out of the hardware or not.
>
> Just a guess,
> Paul
Hi,
I think it has something to do with CPU-Z, don`t know what but only when
I run CPU_z this problem sometimes occures.

I already lowered the multiplyier to 12x193, system seems more stable
now atm.

Bob

Ed

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:57:18 +0200, Gkirmathal <tha_guardian@wanadoo.nl>
wrote:

>Paul wrote:
>> In article <slrkc.82$B_3.50@newsfe1-gui.server.ntli.net>, "rstlne"
>> <.@text.news.virgin.net> wrote:
>>

>>>"Gkirmathal" <the_guardain@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message

>>>something else is using the smbus and causing mbm5 to lock the values off.
>>>do you use asus probe? .. that'll do it ..
>>>there are lots of other programs that will cause the problem too
>>

>> Run Prime95 and see if the system is still stable.
>> It could be that the system is stable at idle, but
>> not when fully loaded. (You could also try SuperPI for
>> a quick check.)
>>
>> Try 12x193 and see if that works better.
>>
>> MBM5 has a semaphore for using the SMBUS, and maybe it has
>> become confused (the semaphore is marked busy, meaning
>> something is using the SMBUS, when in fact there is no
>> other agent using it). The semaphore is needed, since the
>> SMBUS will return garbage if two agents attempt to access the
>> hardware at the same time. I don't know if there is any other
>> mechanism for MBM5 to get locked out of the hardware or not.
>>
>> Just a guess,
>> Paul
>Hi,
>I think it has something to do with CPU-Z, don`t know what but only when
>I run CPU_z this problem sometimes occures.
>
>I already lowered the multiplyier to 12x193, system seems more stable
>now atm.
>
>Bob

I forget what monitor I was running buy CPU-Z made it go hay wire.

Ed