Hard disk partition not recognized

I added a 200gig harddrive to my computer 5 or 6 months
ago and all worked well, I put it into 2 100gig
partitions. Recently i had to get rid of adware and some
stubborn viruses so i reformatted my original harddrive
(40gig) that had windows xp home SP1). Now, after the
reformat, when windows booted up again, my 200gig
harddrive was no longer recognized, windows only saw a
33.8 gig FAT partition (which is about how much space was
left over after moving mp3's and videos to it before
format). To make sure the data hadnt been lost, i
booted up the livecd versions of knoppix and gentoo linux
and both of those saw the 2 100gig partitions. Is there
a way to get windows to recognize the partitions? Please
email me any responses, some of the files on those
partitions are not replaceable.

Hi, Matthew.

I don't yet have a "big drive" (over ~137 GB), which requires 48-bit
addressing, but I know they need a new BIOS and drivers that recognize the
large capacity. Possibly you had that installed before, but you haven't
reinstalled it after recovery from the virus.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX