USB Root Hubs

I have a Toshiba Satellite 2410 that has 3 USB ports on the back. When
I try to plug anything in, I get an error, "HI-SPEED USB Device
Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB Hub". Is there anyway to upgrade these
ports so that I can use more up to date peripherals? I've tried going
to the Toshiba site, but am unable to find any drivers or updated
software.

Thanks,
ergeordie
2 answers Last reply
More about root hubs

    You can get a USB 2.0 PCMCIA card or buy a nice new
    computer. Laptops are pretty well locked as built unless
    you can get the plug-in card or docking port.

    "G." <ergeordie@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
    | I have a Toshiba Satellite 2410 that has 3 USB ports on
    the back. When
    | I try to plug anything in, I get an error, "HI-SPEED USB
    Device
    | Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB Hub". Is there anyway to
    upgrade these
    | ports so that I can use more up to date peripherals? I've
    tried going
    | to the Toshiba site, but am unable to find any drivers or
    updated
    | software.
    |
    | Thanks,
    | ergeordie

    You can not upgrade older USB 1.0 or 1.1 ports/hubs to USB 2.0. It required
    more /different electronics.

    "G." <ergeordie@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
    > I have a Toshiba Satellite 2410 that has 3 USB ports on the back. When
    > I try to plug anything in, I get an error, "HI-SPEED USB Device
    > Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB Hub". Is there anyway to upgrade these
    > ports so that I can use more up to date peripherals? I've tried going
    > to the Toshiba site, but am unable to find any drivers or updated
    > software.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > ergeordie

USB Toshiba Windows XP