USB Root Hubs

May 3, 2004 8:36:07 PM

I have a Toshiba Satellite 2410 that has 3 USB ports on the back. When
I try to plug anything in, I get an error, "HI-SPEED USB Device
Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB Hub". Is there anyway to upgrade these
ports so that I can use more up to date peripherals? I've tried going
to the Toshiba site, but am unable to find any drivers or updated
software.

Thanks,
ergeordie

More about : usb root hubs

Anonymous
May 3, 2004 10:44:49 PM

You can get a USB 2.0 PCMCIA card or buy a nice new
computer. Laptops are pretty well locked as built unless
you can get the plug-in card or docking port.

"G." <ergeordie@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
| I have a Toshiba Satellite 2410 that has 3 USB ports on
the back. When
| I try to plug anything in, I get an error, "HI-SPEED USB
Device
| Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB Hub". Is there anyway to
upgrade these
| ports so that I can use more up to date peripherals? I've
tried going
| to the Toshiba site, but am unable to find any drivers or
updated
| software.
|
| Thanks,
| ergeordie
Anonymous
May 5, 2004 12:07:01 AM

You can not upgrade older USB 1.0 or 1.1 ports/hubs to USB 2.0. It required
more /different electronics.

!