CD-ROM door won't close

May 4, 2004 12:50:23 AM

For some reason the CD-ROM has stopped working. The door
will not close when the computer turns on; the light
blinks then the door opens. When I insert a audio disc
then door will pop back open and the CD will be spinning
really fast. I have tried removing the device and my
system will automatically install the device when I
reboot the computer manual.

Any ideas?

More about : rom door close

May 4, 2004 6:56:03 AM

Hi,

First, make sure your PC is free from any virus or trojan horse/spywares.
I would suggest you to go to symantec.com to have an on-line security and virus check.
Once you have confirmed that your PC is clean, there may be a firmware problem of your CD rom.
Go to the the CD-rom manufacturer's website to upgrade the firmware. Some vendor would provide firmware upgrade service free of charge.
If the symptom persists after firware upgraded, buy a new one.

Peter

!