CD-ROM door won't close

For some reason the CD-ROM has stopped working. The door
will not close when the computer turns on; the light
blinks then the door opens. When I insert a audio disc
then door will pop back open and the CD will be spinning
really fast. I have tried removing the device and my
system will automatically install the device when I
reboot the computer manual.

Any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about door close

    Hi,

    First, make sure your PC is free from any virus or trojan horse/spywares.
    I would suggest you to go to symantec.com to have an on-line security and virus check.
    Once you have confirmed that your PC is clean, there may be a firmware problem of your CD rom.
    Go to the the CD-rom manufacturer's website to upgrade the firmware. Some vendor would provide firmware upgrade service free of charge.
    If the symptom persists after firware upgraded, buy a new one.

    Peter

    ----- Dauster wrote: -----

    For some reason the CD-ROM has stopped working. The door
    will not close when the computer turns on; the light
    blinks then the door opens. When I insert a audio disc
    then door will pop back open and the CD will be spinning
    really fast. I have tried removing the device and my
    system will automatically install the device when I
    reboot the computer manual.

    Any ideas?

Computers CD-Rom Devices Microsoft Windows XP