CDRW via USB

May 4, 2004 12:41:00 PM

I am one of the many Post SP1 installation XP users unable to use my CDRW.
Would it make any difference to install the CDRW via the USB post rather
than IDE? (I have an internal USB port)

More about : cdrw usb

Anonymous
May 4, 2004 12:41:01 PM

Guy, probably not because USB ports don't work that much better.
"Guy Smith" <grwsmith@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> I am one of the many Post SP1 installation XP users unable to use my CDRW.
> Would it make any difference to install the CDRW via the USB post rather
> than IDE? (I have an internal USB port)

Anonymous
May 4, 2004 1:07:21 PM

I am not worried about it working better I would like it just to work! i.e.
would it avoid the CDRW glitch in the XP system?
Related resources
May 4, 2004 1:07:22 PM

Hi,

XP doesn't like to have two CD/RW on the same machine.
If you already have an internal IDE CD/RW, don't try to use an external USB CD/RW or you are asking for troubles.
But if you don't have an internal CD/RW, you can use an external USB CD/RW without problems.

Peter

----- Guy Smith wrote: -----

I am not worried about it working better I would like it just to work! i.e.
would it avoid the CDRW glitch in the XP system?
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 7:59:34 PM

No, this will be the only CDRW, internal but connected to the internal USB
port.
My real question is will it help with the infernal XP CDRW problems?
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 11:58:31 PM

What infernal problems? I have XP with Sp1 which was installed prior to me
installing Sp1. I do know that most CDRW problems can be traced back to an
incompatibility with Roxio EZ CD and XP. You will need to fix the
upper/lower filters for the CD drive. If do believe that Kelly has a REG
patch which should help you with this.

Y.

"Guy Smith" <grwsmith@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
news:o aYCgheMEHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> No, this will be the only CDRW, internal but connected to the internal USB
> port.
> My real question is will it help with the infernal XP CDRW problems?

Anonymous
May 5, 2004 4:27:14 PM

Done all that - still no go! Even tried it on a machine which has had no
third party software installed what so ever - brand new HD new intallation
of XP and SP1!
That is why I am trying the USB route.
!