other question about securing wireless

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
December 5, 2004 7:57:49 PM

I have connected successfully with the Help you offered. I see another
network close by that says secured and has a lock. A few other people
are non secured. My says I'm not connected but I am. My firewall is
on too, but says i am not secured on the wireless list.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 5, 2004 9:03:19 PM

There is a lot of info here. I am reading, thanks. I downloaded SP2
this morning , it's a matter of fact!
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 5, 2004 9:40:03 PM

All explained here:

http://tinyurl.com/52964

Carey

<lcvd1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have connected successfully with the Help you offered. I see another
> network close by that says secured and has a lock. A few other people
> are non secured. My says I'm not connected but I am. My firewall is
> on too, but says i am not secured on the wireless list.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 5, 2004 10:21:15 PM

Greetings,

Tony Northup has written an article that explains the Wireless Connection
dialog box.

Wireless Networking Improvements in Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/exp...

I hope this helps.

Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)