other question about securing wireless

I have connected successfully with the Help you offered. I see another
network close by that says secured and has a lock. A few other people
are non secured. My says I'm not connected but I am. My firewall is
on too, but says i am not secured on the wireless list.
3 answers Last reply
More about other question securing wireless

    There is a lot of info here. I am reading, thanks. I downloaded SP2
    this morning , it's a matter of fact!

    All explained here:

    http://tinyurl.com/52964

    Carey

    <lcvd1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have connected successfully with the Help you offered. I see another
    > network close by that says secured and has a lock. A few other people
    > are non secured. My says I'm not connected but I am. My firewall is
    > on too, but says i am not secured on the wireless list.

    Greetings,

    Tony Northup has written an article that explains the Wireless Connection
    dialog box.

    Wireless Networking Improvements in Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/netwimprovements.mspx

    I hope this helps.

    Eric Cross
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

    <lcvd1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have connected successfully with the Help you offered. I see another
    > network close by that says secured and has a lock. A few other people
    > are non secured. My says I'm not connected but I am. My firewall is
    > on too, but says i am not secured on the wireless list.

Wireless Networking Microsoft Wireless Networking