Update 1007 failed on P4PE - Urgent

Last response: in Motherboards
May 4, 2004 4:20:42 PM

During an update of my BIOS version (from 1002 to 1007), it's failed. Since,
my computer doesn't start... What can I do ??? Switch ? Setup doesn't
reachable..

Thanks for your help
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 4:52:49 PM

"Cedric B" <tnomelbk@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> During an update of my BIOS version (from 1002 to 1007), it's failed.
Since,
> my computer doesn't start... What can I do ??? Switch ? Setup doesn't
> reachable..
>
> Thanks for your help

I had a similar problem with my P4PE-X. Bios wouldn't update using
EZ-Update. Which method did you use to update the bios. I was only able to
succesfully update my bios from 1004 to 1007 by using a boot disk and using
aflash. According to ASUS website the P4PE and I believe all models of it
have crashfree bios. Reboot the system and insert the CD that came with
your motherboard. This will allow you to load a temp bios from the cd then
you can re-update the bios to 1007 using the boot disk method. Hope this
helps.

CaptBaldo
Anonymous
May 5, 2004 2:19:25 AM

I'm afraid your motherboard is done for.

--
DaveW

"Cedric B" <tnomelbk@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> During an update of my BIOS version (from 1002 to 1007), it's failed.
Since,
> my computer doesn't start... What can I do ??? Switch ? Setup doesn't
> reachable..
>
> Thanks for your help

Related resources
May 5, 2004 2:22:10 AM

On Tue, 4 May 2004 12:52:49 -0400, "CaptBaldo" <captbaldo@hotmail.com>
wrote:

I had a similar problem with a P4P800 and the cd saved my bacon. I
also have a P4pe, however without the retail CD. So just wondering if
anyone knows where to download the cd so as to feel better if I ever
do a bios upgrade and run into a nasty situation?

thanks, eric .

>I had a similar problem with my P4PE-X. Bios wouldn't update using
>EZ-Update. Which method did you use to update the bios. I was only able to
>succesfully update my bios from 1004 to 1007 by using a boot disk and using
>aflash. According to ASUS website the P4PE and I believe all models of it
>have crashfree bios. Reboot the system and insert the CD that came with
>your motherboard. This will allow you to load a temp bios from the cd then
>you can re-update the bios to 1007 using the boot disk method. Hope this
>helps.
>
>CaptBaldo

Anonymous
May 5, 2004 4:12:31 AM

Incorrect. P4PE has crashfree bios, meaning if bios update goes wrong
system will still boot allowing you to use retail cd that comes with
motherboard to re-load bios and save your skin. This is a nice feature for
these boards. If this was another board that didn't have a similar feature
than you would be screwed.

CaptBaldo

> I'm afraid your motherboard is done for.
>
> --
> DaveW
>

> "Cedric B" <tnomelbk@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> > During an update of my BIOS version (from 1002 to 1007), it's failed.
> Since,
> > my computer doesn't start... What can I do ??? Switch ? Setup doesn't
> > reachable..
> >
> > Thanks for your help

Anonymous
May 5, 2004 4:14:56 AM

You should be able to create a bootable disk with the aflash utility on it
and a bios file. Thus if you mucked up the update the crash-free would kick
in and if there wasn't a cd to use the bootable disk would do the same thing
as the retail mobo cd would do. Hope that helps.

CaptBaldo

<eric@egypt.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 4 May 2004 12:52:49 -0400, "CaptBaldo" <captbaldo@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I had a similar problem with a P4P800 and the cd saved my bacon. I
> also have a P4pe, however without the retail CD. So just wondering if
> anyone knows where to download the cd so as to feel better if I ever
> do a bios upgrade and run into a nasty situation?
>
> thanks, eric .
>

> >I had a similar problem with my P4PE-X. Bios wouldn't update using
> >EZ-Update. Which method did you use to update the bios. I was only able
> >succesfully update my bios from 1004 to 1007 by using a boot disk and
using
> >aflash. According to ASUS website the P4PE and I believe all models of
it
> >have crashfree bios. Reboot the system and insert the CD that came with
> >your motherboard. This will allow you to load a temp bios from the cd
then
> >you can re-update the bios to 1007 using the boot disk method. Hope this
> >helps.
> >
> >CaptBaldo

Anonymous
May 5, 2004 11:58:28 AM

On Tue, 04 May 2004 22:22:10 +0200, in article
<umuf90d4bsemal0eu00l81tcrlj3qv1ndo@4ax.com>, eric@egypt.net wrote:

>On Tue, 4 May 2004 12:52:49 -0400, "CaptBaldo" <captbaldo@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>I had a similar problem with a P4P800 and the cd saved my bacon. I
>also have a P4pe, however without the retail CD. So just wondering if
>anyone knows where to download the cd so as to feel better if I ever
>do a bios upgrade and run into a nasty situation?
>
>thanks, eric .
>

>>I had a similar problem with my P4PE-X. Bios wouldn't update using
>>EZ-Update. Which method did you use to update the bios. I was only able to
>>succesfully update my bios from 1004 to 1007 by using a boot disk and using
>>aflash. According to ASUS website the P4PE and I believe all models of it
>>have crashfree bios. Reboot the system and insert the CD that came with
>>your motherboard. This will allow you to load a temp bios from the cd then
>>you can re-update the bios to 1007 using the boot disk method. Hope this
>>helps.
>>
>>CaptBaldo

What are the advantages, if any, of 1007 over 1005? I won't even take a slight
risk unless they are pretty obvious.

Shishimai
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 12:54:28 AM

I think my problem is greater... With the ASUS Tech advise, I do CMOS Clear
(switch 1-2 to 2-3 as Asus doc)... Since my screen doesn't light on. There
is mothing on my screen...

I didn't think I can use Retail CD ...

Thanks for all your helps, It was nice !

"CaptBaldo" <captbaldo@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message news:
_XZlc.4952$_12.2658@read1.cgocable.net...
> Incorrect. P4PE has crashfree bios, meaning if bios update goes wrong
> system will still boot allowing you to use retail cd that comes with
> motherboard to re-load bios and save your skin. This is a nice feature
for
> these boards. If this was another board that didn't have a similar
feature
> than you would be screwed.
>
> CaptBaldo
>
> "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
> > I'm afraid your motherboard is done for.
> >
> > --
> > DaveW
> >

> > "Cedric B" <tnomelbk@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> > > During an update of my BIOS version (from 1002 to 1007), it's failed.
> > Since,
> > > my computer doesn't start... What can I do ??? Switch ? Setup doesn't
> > > reachable..
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help

May 6, 2004 7:05:55 AM

In article <c7bd64$dp0$1@s1.read.news.oleane.net>, "Cedric B" <tnomelbk@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>I think my problem is greater... With the ASUS Tech advise, I do CMOS Clear
>(switch 1-2 to 2-3 as Asus doc)... Since my screen doesn't light on. There
>is mothing on my screen...

You have to do it with the computer physically unplugged from the power mains.

>I didn't think I can use Retail CD ...
>
>Thanks for all your helps, It was nice !
>
>"CaptBaldo" <captbaldo@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message news:
>_XZlc.4952$_12.2658@read1.cgocable.net...
>> Incorrect. P4PE has crashfree bios, meaning if bios update goes wrong
>> system will still boot allowing you to use retail cd that comes with
>> motherboard to re-load bios and save your skin. This is a nice feature
>for
>> these boards. If this was another board that didn't have a similar
>feature
>> than you would be screwed.
>>
>> CaptBaldo
>>
>> "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
>> > I'm afraid your motherboard is done for.
>> >
>> > --
>> > DaveW
>> >

>> > "Cedric B" <tnomelbk@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
>> > Since,

May 6, 2004 1:52:59 PM

On Tue, 4 May 2004 12:20:42 +0200, "Cedric B" <tnomelbk@yahoo.fr>
wrote:

Does anyone know where to download the retail cd on the net?

thanks, eric

>During an update of my BIOS version (from 1002 to 1007), it's failed. Since,
>my computer doesn't start... What can I do ??? Switch ? Setup doesn't
>reachable..
>
>Thanks for your help

Anonymous
May 6, 2004 10:24:18 PM

Yes, I do... I think to send my motherboard to ASUS France. Thanks a lot of
!

c7ca3f$r2j$1@terabinaries.xmission.com...

!