Update 1007 failed on P4PE - Urgent

During an update of my BIOS version (from 1002 to 1007), it's failed. Since,
my computer doesn't start... What can I do ??? Switch ? Setup doesn't
reachable..

Thanks for your help
10 answers Last reply
More about update 1007 failed p4pe urgent

    "Cedric B" <tnomelbk@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
    > During an update of my BIOS version (from 1002 to 1007), it's failed.
    Since,
    > my computer doesn't start... What can I do ??? Switch ? Setup doesn't
    > reachable..
    >
    > Thanks for your help

    I had a similar problem with my P4PE-X. Bios wouldn't update using
    EZ-Update. Which method did you use to update the bios. I was only able to
    succesfully update my bios from 1004 to 1007 by using a boot disk and using
    aflash. According to ASUS website the P4PE and I believe all models of it
    have crashfree bios. Reboot the system and insert the CD that came with
    your motherboard. This will allow you to load a temp bios from the cd then
    you can re-update the bios to 1007 using the boot disk method. Hope this
    helps.

    CaptBaldo

    I'm afraid your motherboard is done for.

    --
    DaveW

    "Cedric B" <tnomelbk@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
    > During an update of my BIOS version (from 1002 to 1007), it's failed.
    Since,
    > my computer doesn't start... What can I do ??? Switch ? Setup doesn't
    > reachable..
    >
    > Thanks for your help

    On Tue, 4 May 2004 12:52:49 -0400, "CaptBaldo" <captbaldo@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    I had a similar problem with a P4P800 and the cd saved my bacon. I
    also have a P4pe, however without the retail CD. So just wondering if
    anyone knows where to download the cd so as to feel better if I ever
    do a bios upgrade and run into a nasty situation?

    thanks, eric .

    >I had a similar problem with my P4PE-X. Bios wouldn't update using
    >EZ-Update. Which method did you use to update the bios. I was only able to
    >succesfully update my bios from 1004 to 1007 by using a boot disk and using
    >aflash. According to ASUS website the P4PE and I believe all models of it
    >have crashfree bios. Reboot the system and insert the CD that came with
    >your motherboard. This will allow you to load a temp bios from the cd then
    >you can re-update the bios to 1007 using the boot disk method. Hope this
    >helps.
    >
    >CaptBaldo

    Incorrect. P4PE has crashfree bios, meaning if bios update goes wrong
    system will still boot allowing you to use retail cd that comes with
    motherboard to re-load bios and save your skin. This is a nice feature for
    these boards. If this was another board that didn't have a similar feature
    than you would be screwed.

    CaptBaldo

    > I'm afraid your motherboard is done for.
    >
    > --
    > DaveW
    >

    > "Cedric B" <tnomelbk@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
    > > During an update of my BIOS version (from 1002 to 1007), it's failed.
    > Since,
    > > my computer doesn't start... What can I do ??? Switch ? Setup doesn't
    > > reachable..
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help

    You should be able to create a bootable disk with the aflash utility on it
    and a bios file. Thus if you mucked up the update the crash-free would kick
    in and if there wasn't a cd to use the bootable disk would do the same thing
    as the retail mobo cd would do. Hope that helps.

    CaptBaldo

    <eric@egypt.net> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 4 May 2004 12:52:49 -0400, "CaptBaldo" <captbaldo@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > I had a similar problem with a P4P800 and the cd saved my bacon. I
    > also have a P4pe, however without the retail CD. So just wondering if
    > anyone knows where to download the cd so as to feel better if I ever
    > do a bios upgrade and run into a nasty situation?
    >
    > thanks, eric .
    >

    > >I had a similar problem with my P4PE-X. Bios wouldn't update using
    > >EZ-Update. Which method did you use to update the bios. I was only able
    > >succesfully update my bios from 1004 to 1007 by using a boot disk and
    using
    > >aflash. According to ASUS website the P4PE and I believe all models of
    it
    > >have crashfree bios. Reboot the system and insert the CD that came with
    > >your motherboard. This will allow you to load a temp bios from the cd
    then
    > >you can re-update the bios to 1007 using the boot disk method. Hope this
    > >helps.
    > >
    > >CaptBaldo

    On Tue, 04 May 2004 22:22:10 +0200, in article
    <umuf90d4bsemal0eu00l81tcrlj3qv1ndo@4ax.com>, eric@egypt.net wrote:

    >On Tue, 4 May 2004 12:52:49 -0400, "CaptBaldo" <captbaldo@hotmail.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >I had a similar problem with a P4P800 and the cd saved my bacon. I
    >also have a P4pe, however without the retail CD. So just wondering if
    >anyone knows where to download the cd so as to feel better if I ever
    >do a bios upgrade and run into a nasty situation?
    >
    >thanks, eric .
    >

    >>I had a similar problem with my P4PE-X. Bios wouldn't update using
    >>EZ-Update. Which method did you use to update the bios. I was only able to
    >>succesfully update my bios from 1004 to 1007 by using a boot disk and using
    >>aflash. According to ASUS website the P4PE and I believe all models of it
    >>have crashfree bios. Reboot the system and insert the CD that came with
    >>your motherboard. This will allow you to load a temp bios from the cd then
    >>you can re-update the bios to 1007 using the boot disk method. Hope this
    >>helps.
    >>
    >>CaptBaldo

    What are the advantages, if any, of 1007 over 1005? I won't even take a slight
    risk unless they are pretty obvious.

    Shishimai

    I think my problem is greater... With the ASUS Tech advise, I do CMOS Clear
    (switch 1-2 to 2-3 as Asus doc)... Since my screen doesn't light on. There
    is mothing on my screen...

    I didn't think I can use Retail CD ...

    Thanks for all your helps, It was nice !

    _XZlc.4952$_12.2658@read1.cgocable.net...

    In article <c7bd64$dp0$1@s1.read.news.oleane.net>, "Cedric B" <tnomelbk@yahoo.fr> wrote:
    >I think my problem is greater... With the ASUS Tech advise, I do CMOS Clear
    >(switch 1-2 to 2-3 as Asus doc)... Since my screen doesn't light on. There
    >is mothing on my screen...

    You have to do it with the computer physically unplugged from the power mains.

    >I didn't think I can use Retail CD ...
    >
    >Thanks for all your helps, It was nice !
    >
    >"CaptBaldo" <captbaldo@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message news:
    >_XZlc.4952$_12.2658@read1.cgocable.net...
    >> Incorrect. P4PE has crashfree bios, meaning if bios update goes wrong
    >> system will still boot allowing you to use retail cd that comes with
    >> motherboard to re-load bios and save your skin. This is a nice feature
    >for
    >> these boards. If this was another board that didn't have a similar
    >feature
    >> than you would be screwed.
    >>
    >> CaptBaldo
    >>
    >> "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
    >> > I'm afraid your motherboard is done for.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > DaveW
    >> >

    >> > "Cedric B" <tnomelbk@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
    >> > Since,

    On Tue, 4 May 2004 12:20:42 +0200, "Cedric B" <tnomelbk@yahoo.fr>
    wrote:

    Does anyone know where to download the retail cd on the net?

    thanks, eric

    >During an update of my BIOS version (from 1002 to 1007), it's failed. Since,
    >my computer doesn't start... What can I do ??? Switch ? Setup doesn't
    >reachable..
    >
    >Thanks for your help

    Yes, I do... I think to send my motherboard to ASUS France. Thanks a lot of
    !

    "GMAN" <glenzabr@xmission.com> a écrit dans le message news:
    c7ca3f$r2j$1@terabinaries.xmission.com...
    > In article <c7bd64$dp0$1@s1.read.news.oleane.net>, "Cedric B"
    <tnomelbk@yahoo.fr> wrote:
    > >I think my problem is greater... With the ASUS Tech advise, I do CMOS
    Clear
    > >(switch 1-2 to 2-3 as Asus doc)... Since my screen doesn't light on.
    There
    > >is mothing on my screen...
    > >

    > You have to do it with the computer physically unplugged from the power
    mains.

    > >I didn't think I can use Retail CD ...
    > >
    > >Thanks for all your helps, It was nice !
    > >
    > >"CaptBaldo" <captbaldo@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message news:
    > >_XZlc.4952$_12.2658@read1.cgocable.net...
    > >> Incorrect. P4PE has crashfree bios, meaning if bios update goes wrong
    > >> system will still boot allowing you to use retail cd that comes with
    > >> motherboard to re-load bios and save your skin. This is a nice feature
    > >for
    > >> these boards. If this was another board that didn't have a similar
    > >feature
    > >> than you would be screwed.
    > >>
    > >> CaptBaldo
    > >>
    > >> "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message