Does Intel P4 2.4GHz 800 fsb HT work with Asus P4PE???

Please tell me because I have serious trouble with that and I cant get
it work at all .

Make
4 answers Last reply
More about does intel 4ghz work asus p4pe

    In article <4098EA7A.1020005@pp7.inet.fi>, Markku Lahtinen
    <makku.lahtinen@pp7.inet.fi> wrote:

    > Please tell me because I have serious trouble with that and I cant get
    > it work at all .
    >
    > Make

    Enter "P4PE" here:
    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

    There are many kinds of processors. Look on this page
    for Pentium 4:
    http://processorfinder.intel.com/

    All these will work. The 2.4C will run with one stick of
    PC3200 (DDR400) ram.

    2.4/400, 2.4/533, 2.4/800 (also known popularly as 2.4C)

    This one might not work. Hard to say for sure.

    2.4A/533 1MB cache 90nm (Prescott)

    This Asus news item lists "Prescott Ready" motherboards:

    http://www.asus.com/news/2004/20040202.htm

    If you bought a 2.4/800 512KB cache 0.13u processor, then
    it will work, assuming the correct version of BIOS is used.

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/fsb800.aspx

    HTH,
    Paul

    No. The maximum FSB speed of the P4PE is 533 MHz. Your CPU requires an 800
    MHz FSB. Won't work.

    --
    DaveW

    "Markku Lahtinen" <makku.lahtinen@pp7.inet.fi> wrote in message
    > Please tell me because I have serious trouble with that and I cant get
    > it work at all .
    >
    > Make

    On Wed, 05 May 2004 13:21:52 GMT, Markku Lahtinen
    <makku.lahtinen@pp7.inet.fi> wrote:

    >Please tell me because I have serious trouble with that and I cant get
    >it work at all .
    >
    >Make

    it works with a bios update and one stick of ddr400 sdram...

    I have tried it and it works, but I had some problems with crackling
    sound through onboard sound or add-on sound card so I believe there is
    some part that cannot handle the extra fsb. The effect seems to be
    noise through the pci bus...

    good luck...

    ñíñjà¤têç

    ---END---PGP---SIGNATURE---

    DaveW wrote:
    > No. The maximum FSB speed of the P4PE is 533 MHz.

    Wrong! FSB800 is working (with limitations).

    http://www.asus.com/support/cpusupport/fsb800.aspx

    Christian

    --
    Petra!