SATA help please

new install, i have a maxtor 160 gig sata drive trying to install win2k.
drive is seen in bios. do the win install i hit F6 to install 3rd party
drives works fine win copys files to HD but when it goes to reboot to finsh
install seems to lose sata drive agin . just wont complete the install any
ideas suree would help. also tried to use maxblaster 3 floopy disk , from
web but disk hangs ! thx for any help

We're really going to need a more complete write up on your hardware to help
with this one. Whats your system specs on the computer your trying to install
this harddrive in?

peter

Is the SATA set up as 1st or 2nd boot device in the BIOS???
peter