AMD GPUs to Have Full Frame Rate HD Playback on Flash 11.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The 5XXX series are crippled by flash if Hardware Acceleration is enabled, even if those flash videos/programs aren't using HA at all. Literally, crippled, as their speeds become locked at idle speeds. Weird turn around...

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
So will it work on nVidia gpu's..??? Did AMD pay Adobe to create a proprietary engine, or are they just advertising exclusively for AMD? If it won't work on nVidia gpu's then I think thats a horrible move by Adobe.

On a side note, most of AMD tech demo's work on my nVidia graphics cards, even though they say AMD GPU required... Just saying..

G

@willard,

Once everyone moves away from flash, you'll find that people will be able to successfully code crap in HTML5 and Canvas. The only difference will be they won't have a platform to blame it on.

yannigr

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
[citation][nom]upgrade_1977[/nom]So will it work on nVidia gpu's..??? Did AMD pay Adobe to create a proprietary engine, or are they just advertising exclusively for AMD? If it won't work on nVidia gpu's then I think thats a horrible move by Adobe.On a side note, most of AMD tech demo's work on my nVidia graphics cards, even though they say AMD GPU required... Just saying..[/citation]

Do you remember something about PhysX to be locked? If you want horrible moves just think Nvidia not Adobe.

luc2k

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
About time. Played New York Shark (gugal it) the other day and it was lagging like hell, but now its smoother than a baby's bottom.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]willard[/nom]You mean Flash might not bring my browser to a crawl rendering games that look like they came straight out of 1995? My, what progress.[/citation]

Yeah. There are some Flash games that put Crysis to shame, especially ones with lots of CPU-controlled units, pathfinding, physics and etc...

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]willard[/nom]You mean Flash might not bring my browser to a crawl rendering games that look like they came straight out of 1995? My, what progress.[/citation]

To it's credit: would you have ever thought in 1995 that you'd be playing those games in a web browser?

[citation][nom]bobrot[/nom]@willard,Once everyone moves away from flash, you'll find that people will be able to successfully code crap in HTML5 and Canvas. The only difference will be they won't have a platform to blame it on.[/citation]

Hahaha, I just thought the same exact thing.

"People will start complaining that HTML5 is crap once the crappy flash programmers move there".

Cheers!

tului

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
At least my mother in law will have a netbook that can play Farmville and all that crap now. Atom was crap in that regard. When they say the full APU spectrum are they even including the low low end C series? If so, that's pretty amazing.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
FULL APU line able to play at fullspeed? do they mean AMD brazos E-350 can finally play 1080p at fullspeed? it wasbarely even able to play 720p at full speed.

kristoffe

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
I love flash and flash programming... for games, fun modules, interactive stuff. I do not love html5 and its lack of consistency and support but I do support it as much as I can. AS3 is great, and the core rendering engine is awesome (3d etc).

I have taught basics to master's classses in flash design and programming and I have always thought the cynical nature of apple to dismiss flash silly. there are iOS output modules specifically for flash, geared to have NO slow down.

then again beginners take the program, hack it, etc, and then get a job after 1 month of 10 15 minute youtube tutorials, even in fortune 500. this is no different than bad game programming and sloppy coding for memory and texturing (assets).

still, finding a way to truly stream H264 without flash or a php chucked fake out is something I really look forward to in modern interactive design. that, and legally having OTF or even TTF|PS font outlines in works.

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]Sicom[/nom]The 5XXX series are crippled by flash if Hardware Acceleration is enabled, even if those flash videos/programs aren't using HA at all. Literally, crippled, as their speeds become locked at idle speeds. Weird turn around...[/citation]
Same, something has happened to the drivers. Use to be able to livestream live sports, but now they just don't load anymore.

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
Flash works great on my GAMING COMPUTER as does it on my ANDROID. People hating flash so much probably don't own any of these two devices. Their devices are "Perfect" as in "Shiny and limited in function". Just some facts.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Yeah. There are some Flash games that put Crysis to shame, especially ones with lots of CPU-controlled units, pathfinding, physics and etc...[/citation]

show me... last flash thing i was impresses with was this animation about 5 or 6 years ago made by an ex disney employee.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]show me... last flash thing i was impresses with was this animation about 5 or 6 years ago made by an ex disney employee.[/citation]
i want to know about this crysis killer too

doive1231

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
Perhaps there's a neg on flash emanating from a place called Apple since their products don't natively support it. Get the Apple fans and journos slating Flash and we have what we see today.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
I'm more concerned with Flash not being on my Lumia 800 than with it being buggy or whatever, really.

If it works much better in the future on AMD GPUs, that'd be good to see. Can I presume this will encompass the entire HD range and not just 6xxx onwards?

tului

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
[citation][nom]doive1231[/nom]Perhaps there's a neg on flash emanating from a place called Apple since their products don't natively support it. Get the Apple fans and journos slating Flash and we have what we see today.[/citation]
Or reasonable people who don't want to install a massive security problem onto their PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.