Problems with sound drivers...?

greenday5494

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
Could someone help, please

Well basically, i bought a basic soundcard (SoundBlaster Audigy SE 7.1) in order to replace my onboard which i thought broke. I put in the soundcard, which by the way, did not fit totally, it went in, but there were some pins not totally inside of the PCI Slot, but i turned on the computer, and windows deteced it, installed drivers for it and everything.

So i set my playback devices to SB Audigy by right-clicking the sound icon, ....and no sound plays. i made sure everything was plugged in, still no sound

i have windows 7 64bit

The little sound icon in the corner looks like it's play sound, but no sound is coming out at all... this was the same EXACT problem that i had before.

w7pro

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
Have you tried the Microsoft sound diagnostics page? It's here (http://support.microsoft.com/mats/no_sound/en-us) and you might find it helpful, particularly since you've already tried reinstalling the drivers.

-- Ryan
Windows Outreach Team

greenday5494

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
i also tried to do it again, double clicking the .exe i just downloaded and it for some reason downloaded the same program, and it says im missing some DLL and then it closes. where does this thing install/download to? What directory?