XP PRO Install wants Intel Application Accelerator driver?..

clif

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

I have a ICHR5 raid of to 2 Sata drives. I F6'd the driver in at the
beginning and created a partition on the raid drive and began installing XP
Pro but it is now asking for a disk to be put in drive A: containing the
"Intel Application Accelerator driver". I assumed it wanted the disk that I
had f6'd in at the beginning, but when I put it in it reads it and still
ask's for that driver.

Can somebody tell me what this driver is and how I can get it on a floppy.
Any help greatly appreciated!

Its on the CD that came with the mobo. put the CD in & try to get XP
to read the CD.

Locust

On Wed, 5 May 2004 21:12:06 -0400, "clif" <noone@where.com> wrote:

>I have a ICHR5 raid of to 2 Sata drives. I F6'd the driver in at the
>beginning and created a partition on the raid drive and began installing XP
>Pro but it is now asking for a disk to be put in drive A: containing the
>"Intel Application Accelerator driver". I assumed it wanted the disk that I
>had f6'd in at the beginning, but when I put it in it reads it and still
>ask's for that driver.
>
>Can somebody tell me what this driver is and how I can get it on a floppy.
>Any help greatly appreciated!

>I have a ICHR5 raid of to 2 Sata drives. I F6'd the driver in at the
>beginning and created a partition on the raid drive and began installing XP
>Pro but it is now asking for a disk to be put in drive A: containing the
>"Intel Application Accelerator driver". I assumed it wanted the disk that I
>had f6'd in at the beginning, but when I put it in it reads it and still
>ask's for that driver.
>
>Can somebody tell me what this driver is and how I can get it on a floppy.
>Any help greatly appreciated!

What you want is the Intel Application Accelerator driver raid edition,which
is a fancy wording for raid driver. It has to be on a floppy,you can download
it from the intel web site right to a floppy. do a search for raid driver on
the Intel site. DOUG