password reset pv34x

Hi I'm having trouble resetting the supervisor password on a p3v4x
motherboard. I have followed the instruction in the manual by taking out
the button battery, shorting the two terminals as per the manual then
restarting the PC. I know he bios clears because the CPU speed changed
but after post test for going into bios setup it still asks for the
password. Anyone have any ideas?
--
Regards,

Mike Bennett
www.mbrocketry.com
10 answers Last reply
More about password reset pv34x

    did you unplug the system
    if you did try typing in a password of your choice and see if that works
    "Mike Bennett" <mbennett@mbrocketry.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I'm having trouble resetting the supervisor password on a p3v4x
    > motherboard. I have followed the instruction in the manual by taking out
    > the button battery, shorting the two terminals as per the manual then
    > restarting the PC. I know he bios clears because the CPU speed changed
    > but after post test for going into bios setup it still asks for the
    > password. Anyone have any ideas?
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mike Bennett
    > www.mbrocketry.com

    Yes, I unplugged the power cord and even the power supply in case there
    was some capacitor holding a charge keeping the bios memory alive and
    letting it sit overnight. I also tried typing anything in the password,
    and even just hitting enter. Still no luck. Any other ideas?

    --
    Regards,

    Mike Bennett
    www.mbrocketry.com

    try these if it is a Award bios..

    AWARD_SW
    j262
    HLT
    SER
    SKY_FOX
    BIOSTAR
    ALFAROME
    Lkwpeter
    j256
    AWARD?SW
    LKWPETER
    syxz
    ALLy
    589589
    589721
    awkward
    CONCAT
    d8on
    CONDO
    j64
    szyx

    I couldnt find a great list (sorry) I know there are a few out there but I
    dont know where ;(

    I don't know if this would work but as a last effort you might try flashing
    the bios.
    I have used many p3v4x boards and never had the problem.
    Matter of fact still running one on a backup system. good luck
    "Mike Bennett" <mbennett@mbrocketry.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I'm having trouble resetting the supervisor password on a p3v4x
    > motherboard. I have followed the instruction in the manual by taking out
    > the button battery, shorting the two terminals as per the manual then
    > restarting the PC. I know he bios clears because the CPU speed changed
    > but after post test for going into bios setup it still asks for the
    > password. Anyone have any ideas?
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mike Bennett
    > www.mbrocketry.com

    Tried them all still didn't work. Thanks anyway.

    --
    Regards,

    Mike Bennett
    www.mbrocketry.com

    Hey BigJim, I would have tried that too, but the password is the
    supervisor password. In other words, it won't even read the hard drive
    or floppy first. You have to enter the password in order to do anything.
    Otherwise I could re-flash or run password crackers. Any other ideas?

    --
    Regards,

    Mike Bennett
    www.mbrocketry.com

    Try unplugging the power but leave the battery in, then reset with the
    jumper, leave the jumper over the pin for 30 seconds then return the jumper
    to the regular position and plug it back in and power it up.

    Homer

    "Mike Bennett" <mbennett@mbrocketry.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I'm having trouble resetting the supervisor password on a p3v4x
    > motherboard. I have followed the instruction in the manual by taking out
    > the button battery, shorting the two terminals as per the manual then
    > restarting the PC. I know he bios clears because the CPU speed changed
    > but after post test for going into bios setup it still asks for the
    > password. Anyone have any ideas?
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mike Bennett
    > www.mbrocketry.com

    Thanks Homer, that did it. Also thanks to all who replied.

    --
    Regards,

    Mike Bennett
    www.mbrocketry.com

    Your welcome.

    Homer

    > Thanks Homer, that did it. Also thanks to all who replied.
    >
    > > Try unplugging the power but leave the battery in, then reset with the
    > > jumper, leave the jumper over the pin for 30 seconds then return the
    jumper
    > > to the regular position and plug it back in and power it up.
    > >
    > > Homer
    > >
    > > "Mike Bennett" <mbennett@mbrocketry.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Hi I'm having trouble resetting the supervisor password on a p3v4x
    > >>motherboard. I have followed the instruction in the manual by taking out
    > >>the button battery, shorting the two terminals as per the manual then
    > >>restarting the PC. I know he bios clears because the CPU speed changed
    > >>but after post test for going into bios setup it still asks for the
    > >>password. Anyone have any ideas?
    > >>--
    > >>Regards,
    > >>
    > >>Mike Bennett
    > >>www.mbrocketry.com
    > >>

    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mike Bennett
    > www.mbrocketry.com

    In article <QUgmc.29785$IG1.1384816@attbi_s04>, mbennett@mbrocketry.com
    says...
    > Hi I'm having trouble resetting the supervisor password on a p3v4x
    > motherboard. I have followed the instruction in the manual by taking out
    > the button battery, shorting the two terminals as per the manual then
    > restarting the PC. I know he bios clears because the CPU speed changed
    > but after post test for going into bios setup it still asks for the
    > password. Anyone have any ideas?

    Have another go at shorting the terminals. On some motherboards e.g. P5A-
    B all you have is a couple of solder pads on the board. I can testify
    that it is incredibly hard to short them out reliably, I finally got it
    to work by using multimeter probes, reading the voltage from the battery
    on the meter and watching it go to 0 when I shorted the probes together
    turned out to be the reliable way.

Asus BIOS Motherboards