password reset pv34x

Hi I'm having trouble resetting the supervisor password on a p3v4x
motherboard. I have followed the instruction in the manual by taking out
the button battery, shorting the two terminals as per the manual then
restarting the PC. I know he bios clears because the CPU speed changed
but after post test for going into bios setup it still asks for the
password. Anyone have any ideas?
--
Regards,

Mike Bennett
www.mbrocketry.com

BigJim

did you unplug the system
if you did try typing in a password of your choice and see if that works
"Mike Bennett" <mbennett@mbrocketry.com> wrote in message
> Hi I'm having trouble resetting the supervisor password on a p3v4x
> motherboard. I have followed the instruction in the manual by taking out
> the button battery, shorting the two terminals as per the manual then
> restarting the PC. I know he bios clears because the CPU speed changed
> but after post test for going into bios setup it still asks for the
> password. Anyone have any ideas?
> --
> Regards,
>
> Mike Bennett
> www.mbrocketry.com

Yes, I unplugged the power cord and even the power supply in case there
was some capacitor holding a charge keeping the bios memory alive and
letting it sit overnight. I also tried typing anything in the password,
and even just hitting enter. Still no luck. Any other ideas?

--
Regards,

Mike Bennett
www.mbrocketry.com

try these if it is a Award bios..

AWARD_SW
j262
HLT
SER
SKY_FOX
BIOSTAR
ALFAROME
Lkwpeter
j256
AWARD?SW
LKWPETER
syxz
ALLy
awkward
CONCAT
d8on
CONDO
j64
szyx

I couldnt find a great list (sorry) I know there are a few out there but I
dont know where ;(

BigJim

I don't know if this would work but as a last effort you might try flashing
the bios.
I have used many p3v4x boards and never had the problem.
Matter of fact still running one on a backup system. good luck
"Mike Bennett" <mbennett@mbrocketry.com> wrote in message
> Hi I'm having trouble resetting the supervisor password on a p3v4x
> motherboard. I have followed the instruction in the manual by taking out
> the button battery, shorting the two terminals as per the manual then
> restarting the PC. I know he bios clears because the CPU speed changed
> but after post test for going into bios setup it still asks for the
> password. Anyone have any ideas?
> --
> Regards,
>
> Mike Bennett
> www.mbrocketry.com

Tried them all still didn't work. Thanks anyway.

--
Regards,

Mike Bennett
www.mbrocketry.com

Hey BigJim, I would have tried that too, but the password is the
supervisor password. In other words, it won't even read the hard drive
or floppy first. You have to enter the password in order to do anything.
Otherwise I could re-flash or run password crackers. Any other ideas?

--
Regards,

Mike Bennett
www.mbrocketry.com

homer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Try unplugging the power but leave the battery in, then reset with the
jumper, leave the jumper over the pin for 30 seconds then return the jumper
to the regular position and plug it back in and power it up.

Homer

"Mike Bennett" <mbennett@mbrocketry.com> wrote in message
> Hi I'm having trouble resetting the supervisor password on a p3v4x
> motherboard. I have followed the instruction in the manual by taking out
> the button battery, shorting the two terminals as per the manual then
> restarting the PC. I know he bios clears because the CPU speed changed
> but after post test for going into bios setup it still asks for the
> password. Anyone have any ideas?
> --
> Regards,
>
> Mike Bennett
> www.mbrocketry.com

Thanks Homer, that did it. Also thanks to all who replied.

--
Regards,

Mike Bennett
www.mbrocketry.com

homer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Your welcome.

Homer

> Thanks Homer, that did it. Also thanks to all who replied.
>
> > Try unplugging the power but leave the battery in, then reset with the
> > jumper, leave the jumper over the pin for 30 seconds then return the
jumper
> > to the regular position and plug it back in and power it up.
> >
> > Homer
> >
> > "Mike Bennett" <mbennett@mbrocketry.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>Hi I'm having trouble resetting the supervisor password on a p3v4x
> >>motherboard. I have followed the instruction in the manual by taking out
> >>the button battery, shorting the two terminals as per the manual then
> >>restarting the PC. I know he bios clears because the CPU speed changed
> >>but after post test for going into bios setup it still asks for the
> >>password. Anyone have any ideas?
> >>--
> >>Regards,
> >>
> >>Mike Bennett
> >>www.mbrocketry.com
> >>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Mike Bennett
> www.mbrocketry.com

In article <QUgmc.29785$IG1.1384816@attbi_s04>, mbennett@mbrocketry.com
says...
> Hi I'm having trouble resetting the supervisor password on a p3v4x
> motherboard. I have followed the instruction in the manual by taking out
> the button battery, shorting the two terminals as per the manual then
> restarting the PC. I know he bios clears because the CPU speed changed
> but after post test for going into bios setup it still asks for the
> password. Anyone have any ideas?

Have another go at shorting the terminals. On some motherboards e.g. P5A-
B all you have is a couple of solder pads on the board. I can testify
that it is incredibly hard to short them out reliably, I finally got it
to work by using multimeter probes, reading the voltage from the battery
on the meter and watching it go to 0 when I shorted the probes together
turned out to be the reliable way.