Need help

my comp restarts by itself and i get a"log off error has been occurred"...i have talked to the live chat support they gave me links to check for viruses, i have restored my comp and it still doesnt work, and i have turned off the restart manually but it just shuts down and it tells me that an error has occurred to check the comp does anybody know whats wrong with my comp????? oh they have also told me that it could be any hardware or software but anybody know what do do?
8 answers Last reply
More about need help

    You have a virus on your computer! Sounds like the
    blaster.exe virus. Scan again, and betting you will find
    out that is what the problem is.

    Jake

    Hello Eve
    You have been infected with the Sasser Worm
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.asp

    Be sure to visit MS Windows Update site and download the updates, this is
    for your security and safety.
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

    --
    Hope This Helps
    Haus
    "Eve" <yay85035@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > my comp restarts by itself and i get a"log off error has been
    occurred"...i have talked to the live chat support they gave me links to
    check for viruses, i have restored my comp and it still doesnt work, and i
    have turned off the restart manually but it just shuts down and it tells me
    that an error has occurred to check the comp does anybody know whats wrong
    with my comp????? oh they have also told me that it could be any hardware or
    software but anybody know what do do?

    thanx for the help but ive tried both and the sasser worm or the blaster.exe are not found in my comp when i scanned for them any other ideas of what my comp has?

    It would help if you restate your problem, with as much
    accurate description as possible.

    "Eve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | thanx for the help but ive tried both and the sasser worm
    or the blaster.exe are not found in my comp when i scanned
    for them any other ideas of what my comp has?

    Hello Eve
    This will stop you computer from shutting down until someone can find the
    fix, when it starts go to Start>Run>type cmd press enter>type shutdown -a
    press enter

    Have you had a backup power supply connected to the computer via serial port
    then disconnected it and not made the changes in the Power Options
    Properties under the UPS tab.

    Do you have a error code any information will be helpful

    --
    Hope This Helps
    Haus
    Not a MS-MVP
    Not a MVP
    Not nothing, just a good ole boy.
    "Eve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > thanx for the help but ive tried both and the sasser worm or the
    blaster.exe are not found in my comp when i scanned for them any other ideas
    of what my comp has?

    my comp restarts by itself and i get a message from microsoft windows "the system has been recovered from a serious error: A log of this error has been created", i have scanned my comp and it says i have no viruses, ive heard it has somethin to do with my hardware or software does anybody know whats wrong?

    Hi, Eve
    I also had a problem I could not solve on my own.
    My cd writer was not recognized by XP home edition.
    I posted my problem on Windows XP Hardware newsgroup, got one reply and it didn't solve
    my problem. In desperation I poked around the Control Panel
    until I stumbled on Help and Support Centre. I asked for support and in less then 24 hours
    they e-mailed a procedure which solved my problem.
    Your problem is different then mine, but I'm sure they will be able to help.

    If you would like to get support to solve your problem, left click on:
    Start>Control Panel>Help and Support (on left panel)>>Get support (on right panel)>Get help from (on left panel)>>Ask support professional for help (on right panel), then answer a series of questions.
    All the best, Adam

    Hello
    Have you installed any software or updates of any kind recently, any new
    hardware, can you check the ram (if you have more then 1 stick remove them 1
    at a time and try restarting) do you have a Windows XP cd (not restore
    disks) it is possible a repair install will need to be done.

    --
    > my comp restarts by itself and i get a message from microsoft windows "the
    system has been recovered from a serious error: A log of this error has been
    created", i have scanned my comp and it says i have no viruses, ive heard it
    has somethin to do with my hardware or software does anybody know whats
    wrong?

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP