TIA, Alan.

<< From: amwalker3@tiscali.co.uk (Alan Walker)
Date: Wed, Apr 14, 2004 4:49 AM

Trying to chose the "best" printer. By "best" I mean which
does the best quality pictures......with half an eye on which is
cheapest to run. Speed doesn't matter.

Any thoughts?

TIA, Alan.

I would definitely vote for the i965. The output of a picture I tried on a R300
wasn't as good as my old Canon S900. In any event, it would be a much closer
contest if you compared the i965 with the R800, keeping in mind, however, that
the retail on the R800 is twice that of the i960 (I assume the i965 wouldn't
be much more, haven't seen them in the US).

As I understand it, the i960 (and I assume the i965) has 3012 nozzles dropping
2 picoliter drops while the R300 has 540 nozzles dropping 3 picoliter drops.
You mentioned that speed wasn't a problem but, for your information, my S900
prints a 9X10 twice as fast as the R300 and the i965 should be somewhat faster.

On 14 Apr 2004 10:01:29 GMT, fredbillie@aol.comnospam (FredBillie) wrote:

><< From: amwalker3@tiscali.co.uk (Alan Walker)
>Date: Wed, Apr 14, 2004 4:49 AM
>
> Trying to chose the "best" printer. By "best" I mean which
>does the best quality pictures......with half an eye on which is
>cheapest to run. Speed doesn't matter.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> TIA, Alan.
> >>

>I would definitely vote for the i965. The output of a picture I tried on a R300
>wasn’t as good as my old Canon S900. In any event, it would be a much closer
>contest if you compared the i965 with the R800, keeping in mind, however, that
>the retail on the R800 is twice that of the i960 (I assume the i965 wouldn’t
>be much more, haven’t seen them in the US).
>
>As I understand it, the i960 (and I assume the i965) has 3012 nozzles dropping
>2 picoliter drops while the R300 has 540 nozzles dropping 3 picoliter drops.
>You mentioned that speed wasn’t a problem but, for your information, my S900
>prints a 9X10 twice as fast as the R300 and the i965 should be somewhat faster.

Yes but a Epson print head lasts for ever, not like the 18 months for the
Canon..