Microsoft Theme Generator???

June 9, 2004 4:08:59 PM

Does anyone use this?

On the "Main" screen it shows, Create, Open, Find.
Then you can adjust the brightness, but how do you
save or use what you make???
I can not find any Help files associated with the "program."
Anonymous
June 9, 2004 4:32:30 PM

In order to load and use themes on your device you must first connect your
device to the desktop via ActiveSync then run through the Theme Generator
Wizard and check the checkbox on the screen before "building" the theme to
which is titled "Send to device when finished"

--
Shawn Brown [MDPG]
Mobile Devices Product Group

"Johnny" <jfergus1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone use this?
>
> On the "Main" screen it shows, Create, Open, Find.
> Then you can adjust the brightness, but how do you
> save or use what you make???
> I can not find any Help files associated with the "program."

Anonymous
June 9, 2004 5:58:51 PM

"Send to device when finished" will fail if using anything other than Pocket
PC 2002 - for which the theme generator was written. You can still create
the themes... and load them manually by placing the theme file in the My
Documents directory on your handheld.

Rick Winscot
www.zyche.com

"Sandra Vargas [MSFT]" <sandrama@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In order to load and use themes on your device you must first connect your
> device to the desktop via ActiveSync then run through the Theme Generator
> Wizard and check the checkbox on the screen before "building" the theme to
> which is titled "Send to device when finished"
>
> --
> Shawn Brown [MDPG]
> Mobile Devices Product Group
rights.

> "Johnny" <jfergus1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone use this?
> >
> > On the "Main" screen it shows, Create, Open, Find.
> > Then you can adjust the brightness, but how do you
> > save or use what you make???
> > I can not find any Help files associated with the "program."

June 9, 2004 5:58:52 PM

Rick;

FYI, I use "Send to device when finished" to send to my iPAQ3850 which has
been upgraded to 2003.

Bobby

"Rick Winscot" <rickly@zyche dot com> wrote in message
> "Send to device when finished" will fail if using anything other than
Pocket
> PC 2002 - for which the theme generator was written. You can still create
> the themes... and load them manually by placing the theme file in the My
> Documents directory on your handheld.
>
> Rick Winscot
> www.zyche.com
>

> "Sandra Vargas [MSFT]" <sandrama@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In order to load and use themes on your device you must first connect
your
> > device to the desktop via ActiveSync then run through the Theme
Generator
> > Wizard and check the checkbox on the screen before "building" the theme
> > which is titled "Send to device when finished"
> >
> > --
> > Shawn Brown [MDPG]
> > Mobile Devices Product Group
> rights.
> >
> > "Johnny" <jfergus1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> > > Does anyone use this?
> > >
> > > On the "Main" screen it shows, Create, Open, Find.
> > > Then you can adjust the brightness, but how do you
> > > save or use what you make???
> > > I can not find any Help files associated with the "program."

June 10, 2004 6:32:35 AM

I should've been more clear...

After I choos ethe background image and then adjust Brightness/Contrast
there is NO NEXT or SAVE buttons. They do not show.
I've lowered my system fonts , I've lowered my Desktop resolution, but still
The Save or Next buttons do not appear. I've seen on a website many others
with the same problem without help.
http://www.ppc4you.com/show.cgi?softid=127

"NoNoBadDog!" <mysocks_bjsledge_at_pixi.com> wrote in message
news:o Tj7d1nTEHA.3404@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Rick;
>
> FYI, I use "Send to device when finished" to send to my iPAQ3850 which has
> been upgraded to 2003.
>
> Bobby
>
> "Rick Winscot" <rickly@zyche dot com> wrote in message
> > "Send to device when finished" will fail if using anything other than
> Pocket
> > PC 2002 - for which the theme generator was written. You can still
create
> > the themes... and load them manually by placing the theme file in the My
> > Documents directory on your handheld.
> >
> > Rick Winscot
> > www.zyche.com
> >

> > "Sandra Vargas [MSFT]" <sandrama@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > In order to load and use themes on your device you must first connect
> your
> > > device to the desktop via ActiveSync then run through the Theme
> Generator
> > > Wizard and check the checkbox on the screen before "building" the
theme
> > > which is titled "Send to device when finished"
> > >
> > > --
> > > Shawn Brown [MDPG]
> > > Mobile Devices Product Group
> > rights.
> > >
> > > "Johnny" <jfergus1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
June 10, 2004 2:39:43 PM

Bobby,

The signature of your device is still PPC 2002... even after the upgrade.
Using any base Windows Mobile 2003 (such as the 4355, 5555, 2215 and others
that I have tried) you will get the following message when using the
automatic download option - "The connected device is not running Pocket PC
2002. Unable to download skin."

Rick Winscot
www.zyche.com

"NoNoBadDog!" <mysocks_bjsledge_at_pixi.com> wrote in message
news:o Tj7d1nTEHA.3404@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Rick;
>
> FYI, I use "Send to device when finished" to send to my iPAQ3850 which has
> been upgraded to 2003.
>
> Bobby
>
> "Rick Winscot" <rickly@zyche dot com> wrote in message
> > "Send to device when finished" will fail if using anything other than
> Pocket
> > PC 2002 - for which the theme generator was written. You can still
create
> > the themes... and load them manually by placing the theme file in the My
> > Documents directory on your handheld.
> >
> > Rick Winscot
> > www.zyche.com
> >

> > "Sandra Vargas [MSFT]" <sandrama@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > In order to load and use themes on your device you must first connect
> your
> > > device to the desktop via ActiveSync then run through the Theme
> Generator
> > > Wizard and check the checkbox on the screen before "building" the
theme
> > > which is titled "Send to device when finished"
> > >
> > > --
> > > Shawn Brown [MDPG]
> > > Mobile Devices Product Group
> > rights.
> > >
> > > "Johnny" <jfergus1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
June 10, 2004 4:08:21 PM

You can open an existing theme but in order for you to use this on your
device, you must connect your device to the desktop via ActiveSync and then
proceed through the theme generator wizard and when you get to the screen
shown in the attached image, follow the comment in the image.

--
Shawn Brown [MSFT]
Software Test Engineer

Rajit Singh Shinh
Software Design Engineer in Test
Mobile Devices Product Group

"Johnny" <jfergus1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone use this?
>
> On the "Main" screen it shows, Create, Open, Find.
> Then you can adjust the brightness, but how do you
> save or use what you make???
> I can not find any Help files associated with the "program."

Anonymous
June 10, 2004 4:22:38 PM

On the last page it should have the option to build the theme. If your
device is connected via ActiveSync there will be a checkbox to enable you to
"push" the theme to that device. As for saving, once you click the "Build"
button this should automatically save your theme to a folder on your desktop
most likey in your "My Documents" folder under something like, "My Themes"

--
Shawnbro [MSFT]
Software Test Engineer
"Johnny" <jfergus1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone use this?
>
> On the "Main" screen it shows, Create, Open, Find.
> Then you can adjust the brightness, but how do you
> save or use what you make???
> I can not find any Help files associated with the "program."

Anonymous
June 12, 2004 10:37:59 AM

> I should've been more clear...
>
> After I choos ethe background image and then adjust
> Brightness/Contrast there is NO NEXT or SAVE buttons. They do not
> show. I've lowered my system fonts ,

<snip>

You need to re-boot after you "lower" the fonts. Then the buttons should
appear. Well, they did for me AFTER re-booting.

--
Trevor S

-Albert Einstein
!