p4p800-e deluxe, hdd led always on

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 7, 2004 11:50:10 AM

I have built a system around the P4P800-E Deluxe, and put it in a Kingwin
K11 case. Just one small problem, the HDD activity led is permanently on.
Just one hard drive - a Western Digital SATA plugged into the SATA1 slot on
the motherboard, and the master on the primary IDE is a DVD-ROM drive. There
doesn't appear to be a separate place to plug in the HDD led if you're using
a SATA drive. I am missing something here or is this something that may just
need a BIOS update?

More about : p4p800 deluxe hdd led

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 23, 2004 10:19:20 AM

On Fri, 7 May 2004 07:50:10 -0700, "Frankie Howerd"
<frankiehowerd@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have built a system around the P4P800-E Deluxe, and put it in a Kingwin
>K11 case. Just one small problem, the HDD activity led is permanently on.
>Just one hard drive - a Western Digital SATA plugged into the SATA1 slot on
>the motherboard, and the master on the primary IDE is a DVD-ROM drive. There
>doesn't appear to be a separate place to plug in the HDD led if you're using
>a SATA drive. I am missing something here or is this something that may just
>need a BIOS update?

I'm using the rockethead adapter and mine stays on as well...

i thought it was the adapter but aparently not !!

ñíñjà¤têç
---END---PGP---SIGNATURE---
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 24, 2004 5:26:47 AM

"ñíñjà¤têç" <bs@aol.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 7 May 2004 07:50:10 -0700, "Frankie Howerd"
> <frankiehowerd@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >I have built a system around the P4P800-E Deluxe, and put it in a Kingwin
> >K11 case. Just one small problem, the HDD activity led is permanently on.
> >Just one hard drive - a Western Digital SATA plugged into the SATA1 slot
on
> >the motherboard, and the master on the primary IDE is a DVD-ROM drive.
There
> >doesn't appear to be a separate place to plug in the HDD led if you're
using
> >a SATA drive. I am missing something here or is this something that may
just
> >need a BIOS update?
> >

> I'm using the rockethead adapter and mine stays on as well...
>
> i thought it was the adapter but aparently not !!
>

> ñíñjà¤têç
> ---END---PGP---SIGNATURE---

What BIOS are you using??, I have 2X SATA 80GB Both as Primaries, 2X 120GB
both as Primaries on the Via Raid channels and optical drives (both as
Primaries) on the standard IDE connectors and no problems with the HDD light
regards
Fredddie
a b V Motherboard
May 25, 2004 7:48:25 AM

On Mon, 24 May 2004 01:26:47 +0700, "Freddie Clark"
<fredclark@SPAM@loxinfo.co.th> wrote:

>"ñíñjà¤têç" <bs@aol.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 7 May 2004 07:50:10 -0700, "Frankie Howerd"
>> <frankiehowerd@yahoo.com> wrote:

we are using "IDE" drives with an adapter to connect them to the sata
controler...

ñíñjà¤têç
---END---PGP---SIGNATURE---
May 26, 2004 2:18:45 PM

> On Mon, 24 May 2004 01:26:47 +0700, "Freddie Clark"
> <fredclark@SPAM@loxinfo.co.th> wrote:
>

>>"ñíñjà¤têç" <bs@aol.com> wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 7 May 2004 07:50:10 -0700, "Frankie Howerd"
>>> <frankiehowerd@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> we are using "IDE" drives with an adapter to connect them to the sata
> controler...
>

> ñíñjà¤têç
> ---END---PGP---SIGNATURE---

Don't feel bad, running 3 drives here, 2 on Primary IDE and 1 on Sata
Ide port and I got no HDD light. Bet I have it on backwards but it's such
a pain to get to I haven't fixed yet ;-)

June 1, 2004 6:36:58 PM

Try turning the hdd light around on the pins on the motherboard.

Glen

"tk" <tk@home.com> wrote in message news:40b4b556$1_1@127.0.0.1...
> "ñíñjà¤têç" <bs@aol.com> wrote in message
> > On Mon, 24 May 2004 01:26:47 +0700, "Freddie Clark"
> > <fredclark@SPAM@loxinfo.co.th> wrote:
> >

> >>"ñíñjà¤têç" <bs@aol.com> wrote in message
> >
> > we are using "IDE" drives with an adapter to connect them to the sata
> > controler...
> >

> > ñíñjà¤têç
> > ---END---PGP---SIGNATURE---
>
> Don't feel bad, running 3 drives here, 2 on Primary IDE and 1 on Sata
> Ide port and I got no HDD light. Bet I have it on backwards but it's such
> a pain to get to I haven't fixed yet ;-)

News==----
Newsgroups
=---
June 7, 2004 1:46:39 AM

"Glen" <meetfreeaddress@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Try turning the hdd light around on the pins on the motherboard.
>
> Glen

I just had to go back in and make some changes and reversed mine and
all is good now.

> "tk" <tk@home.com> wrote in message news:40b4b556$1_1@127.0.0.1...
>> "ñíñjà¤têç" <bs@aol.com> wrote in message

>> > we are using "IDE" drives with an adapter to connect them to the sata
>> > controler...
>> >

>> > ñíñjà¤têç
>> > ---END---PGP---SIGNATURE---
>>
>> Don't feel bad, running 3 drives here, 2 on Primary IDE and 1 on Sata
>> Ide port and I got no HDD light. Bet I have it on backwards but it's such
>> a pain to get to I haven't fixed yet ;-)

> News==----
>> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000
> Newsgroups
>> ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via
>> Encryption
> =---

a b V Motherboard
June 9, 2004 2:22:20 AM

"tk" <tk@home.com> wrote in message news:40c3d697$1_1@127.0.0.1...

> "Glen" <meetfreeaddress@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Try turning the hdd light around on the pins on the motherboard.
> >
> > Glen
>
> I just had to go back in and make some changes and reversed mine and
> all is good now.

BAH if I try reversing on the pins the led doesn't work at all. Oh well, a
minor problem I suppose.
June 10, 2004 5:01:58 PM

"Frankie Howerd" <frankiehowerd@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "tk" <tk@home.com> wrote in message news:40c3d697$1_1@127.0.0.1...
>>
>> "Glen" <meetfreeaddress@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Try turning the hdd light around on the pins on the motherboard.
>> >
>> > Glen
>>
>> I just had to go back in and make some changes and reversed mine and
>> all is good now.
>>

> BAH if I try reversing on the pins the led doesn't work at all. Oh well, a
> minor problem I suppose.

I've seen this before on other systems I've worked on, wish I knew what
the cause was. Do you think the HDD's arrangment on the IDE cable could
be wrong? (master/slave).

a b V Motherboard
June 11, 2004 1:47:32 AM

"tk" <tk@home.com> wrote in message news:40c8a21f_1@127.0.0.1...
> "Frankie Howerd" <frankiehowerd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "tk" <tk@home.com> wrote in message news:40c3d697$1_1@127.0.0.1...
> >>
> >> "Glen" <meetfreeaddress@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> I just had to go back in and make some changes and reversed mine and
> >> all is good now.
> >>

> > BAH if I try reversing on the pins the led doesn't work at all. Oh well,
> > minor problem I suppose.
> >

> I've seen this before on other systems I've worked on, wish I knew what
> the cause was. Do you think the HDD's arrangment on the IDE cable could
> be wrong? (master/slave).

It's a SATA drive plugged into the SATA1 port on the mobo. The master on the
IDE cable is a DVD-ROM drive.
June 11, 2004 12:56:32 PM

> "tk" <tk@home.com> wrote in message news:40c8a21f_1@127.0.0.1...
>> "Frankie Howerd" <frankiehowerd@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > BAH if I try reversing on the pins the led doesn't work at all. Oh
>> > well,
>> > minor problem I suppose.
>> >

>> I've seen this before on other systems I've worked on, wish I knew what
>> the cause was. Do you think the HDD's arrangment on the IDE cable could
>> be wrong? (master/slave).
>>
> It's a SATA drive plugged into the SATA1 port on the mobo. The master on
> the
> IDE cable is a DVD-ROM drive.

Haven't had the pleasure of owning a SATA drive yet hope more info comes up
here cause
Asus website is about useless I think.