this is the message I am receiving ( An error occured
while installing the device the data is invalid)

Whenever I try to install drivers for my sound cards.
Recently I Updated to XP pro when I did I lost all
sound. thinking my soundcard was outdated I purchased to
more current ones. The sound cards are recognized by XP
but the drivers will not install. Does anyone have a clue
how to fix this problem. I have tried everything and am
becoming extremely frustrated.

Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel and uninstall all the Sound
Card software. Then rt click
MyComputer>Select Prop>Hardware>Device Manager>Expand Sound, Video and
Game Controllers.
rt click and uninstall all if you can. Restart and reinstall the Sound
Card software and drivers. You can
try a different PCI slot.