Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I downloaded the aflash utility, and the 1008 bios for this board, along
with the 1010 beta. (I'm currently on 1005).
Made the bootdisk as recommended, then followed the instructions to the
letter, but when I went to flash, it returned the error "Flash_Memory
Unknown".
Googled for it, found I may need flash.exe, tried this, it returns the same
error.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing? I'm assuming this board does support
flashing as they've released new(er) BIOS files for it...?

Phil schrieb:

> I downloaded the aflash utility, and the 1008 bios for this board, along
> with the 1010 beta. (I'm currently on 1005).
> Made the bootdisk as recommended, then followed the instructions to the
> letter, but when I went to flash, it returned the error "Flash_Memory
> Unknown".
> Googled for it, found I may need flash.exe, tried this, it returns the same
> error.

Try pflash2, and if that doesn't work, pflash. aflash only supports 2
MBit or larger Flash ROMs, pflash2 both 1 and 2 MBit types, and pflash
should be <= 1 MBit only.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 1xP3-500E, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

"Stephan Grossklass" <sgrokla-nospam04q2@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> Phil schrieb:
> >
> > I downloaded the aflash utility, and the 1008 bios for this board, along
> > with the 1010 beta. (I'm currently on 1005).
> > Made the bootdisk as recommended, then followed the instructions to the
> > letter, but when I went to flash, it returned the error "Flash_Memory
> > Unknown".
> > Googled for it, found I may need flash.exe, tried this, it returns the
same
> > error.
>
> Try pflash2, and if that doesn't work, pflash. aflash only supports 2
> MBit or larger Flash ROMs, pflash2 both 1 and 2 MBit types, and pflash
> should be <= 1 MBit only.

Thanks, took a while to find, but it (pflash) worked in the end