Are These Really Doom 4 Screenshots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i dont think this doom will be leaps and bounds better than the third one... ever since the 10 yr life cycle was announced for consoles, they've been holding back innovation...

cyprod

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
Nah, couldn't be doom 4 screenshots or even concept art. There's colors other than black, and that just doesn't fit with the doom 3 color scheme.

tomc100

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
They need to drop megatextures and use hi-res textures and also add tessellation and other features of dx11.1. Opengl doesn't cut it anymore.

oasiz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
They need to drop megatextures and use hi-res textures and also add tessellation and other features of dx11.1. Opengl doesn't cut it anymore.
You do understand that the GPU is capable and so is the openGL API?
Features aren't exclusive to directx11.1. You can still do pretty much everything with openGL, heck, even some older cards can pull off stuff that isn't "directX version y ready" because the GPU happens to support that tech. DirectX is still just an API and when it comes to tech, it's just an good buzzword to promote certain feature sets but it doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't supported. :)

marose

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
lol. Imagine playing this game on a LG OLED TV. It has infinite contrast ratio so the blood will definitely look 500 x more gorey. I can't wait till someone does a gaming review on it.

raven2510

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]At least on Earth we have duct tape. No excuse for having to toggle between the flashlight or something combat effective.[/citation]
Right? That was the worst part in Doom 3. Future tech, on Mars, Portal to Hell...No Duct Tape.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
I hope is not just another medium req with average graphic quality like RAGE. People have been running 7970 Crossfire, give them a Super eye candy graphic game that run @ only 60fps outside 2560x1600x8xAA resolution. With the exception of Battlfield 3, all of the games recently have medicore graphics and arent pushing the limit of a desktop PC like Doom3/quake3/Crysis 1.

Infact my heavily modded crysis 1 still look better than battlfield 3. Yes it look soo beautiful that my single GTX570 @ 45 fps @ 1680x1050px0xAA only. A 5yrs old game that is still a champion on photo realistic graphic? Come on....this is riduculous.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]oasiz[/nom]You do understand that the GPU is capable and so is the openGL API?Features aren't exclusive to directx11.1. You can still do pretty much everything with openGL, heck, even some older cards can pull off stuff that isn't "directX version y ready" because the GPU happens to support that tech. DirectX is still just an API and when it comes to tech, it's just an good buzzword to promote certain feature sets but it doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't supported.[/citation]

opengl > dx11

[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]At least on Earth we have duct tape. No excuse for having to toggle between the flashlight or something combat effective.[/citation]

when doom 3 was eairly development, the lighting tech for the flashlight was already hard on the gpus, thats why it was one at a time... but by the time doom 3 came out, gpus could easily handle it... no idea why they didnt modify their games a bit before it came out though...

[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]I hope is not just another medium req with average graphic quality like RAGE. People have been running 7970 Crossfire, give them a Super eye candy graphic game that run @ only 60fps outside 2560x1600x8xAA resolution. With the exception of Battlfield 3, all of the games recently have medicore graphics and arent pushing the limit of a desktop PC like Doom3/quake3/Crysis 1.Infact my heavily modded crysis 1 still look better than battlfield 3. Yes it look soo beautiful that my single GTX570 @ 45 fps @ 1680x1050px0xAA only. A 5yrs old game that is still a champion on photo realistic graphic? Come on....this is riduculous.[/citation]

and it has such a horrible engine that it artificially makes the game run worse than it should.
games like crysis should not exist... building for future tech and makeing the gpu brute force things just isnt the way it should ever be dont.

ooo eye candy... yay, game must be great... sadly good graphics =/= good game.

i would rather have ps2 level poly counts, and high res textures than be forced to spend 700$ on upgrading my computer so i can see a pretty game.

i love that consoles "hold graphics back" for two reason, 1, it makes people who have to have the best looking games possible squirm, and two, it already costs to much to make a game, and most of that cost is in the graphics side, id rather games be cheaper than higher than 60$

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Speak for yourself. I loved to bash zombies over the head with it. Loved it.

[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]I hope is not just another medium req with average graphic quality like RAGE. People have been running 7970 Crossfire, give them a Super eye candy graphic game that run @ only 60fps outside 2560x1600x8xAA resolution.[/citation]
You do realize that you're in a terribly small minority, right? At that resolution you don't even need AA. Congratulations on not having anything better to do with your money.

brendonmc

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Actually the graphics look awsome. People complain when game developers push the hardware envelope and complain just as much when they don't (Crysis and Crysis 2). Doom 4 is long overdue.

kristoffe

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
rage looks AMAZING on my pc. 2gb 560ti and a physX 9800 gtx+ 512mb. i7-950 oc'd, 6gb ram. not the fastest or the best but works amazingly for the game.

this is concept art on top of real renders of poly captures. I am certain that carmack will come out with another great title. small team making great work in my book.

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
After rage, i would keep my horses for Doom4. After all Carmack showed to us all that he cares now ONLY FOR MONEY. They care ONLY for consoles, i wouldn't be surprised if these graphics look like Doom 2 from up close :)
And i will not buy doom 4, definitely not. i will not support a behavior like this, Carmack was reaching out to hardcore pc users who loved 3D fps gaming all these years and now he neglects us for "rage" type games, because consoles are awesome (lol).
Definitely Doom4 will be tragic, wait and see...

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
Oh and kristoffe, what part of Rage was awesome? Did you even go close to textures to see the joke it is? And yes i have a pc setup better than yours along proper setup/ini of rage (till i uninstalled it :p) ...

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
stop complaining about graphics. did you complaining about doom or quake being pixelated? i want games that have good gameplay and good graphics. i'd rather be blown away by my addiction to gameplay than pretty pictures at one million pixels.

please have doom 4 recapture the greatness that was quake 2 and doom 2. i miss playing ID's games because they are fun, not because the are pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS