Fax modem drivers : Found new Hardware

I've just upgraded to a new computer with WIN XP Home
version. I'm using a generic modem (56K Flex/3600bps) and
have long lost any disks that came with it, and have no
idea who made it. It's plugged into the computer and is
working perfectly, however, everytime time I boot up, XP
keeps detecting it as new hardware and asks for the
drivers. Is there any way to stop XP from nagging about
installing a driver for it?
1 answer Last reply
More about modem drivers found hardware

    If you manually installed the modem drivers into Xp, Xp may re-detect the
    modem on the reboots after that. One possible fix: delete all modem drivers
    and reboot. Let XP re-detect the modem and the drivers should be installed
    correctly and once.

    "Lynne Clarke" <liz1540@telstra.com> wrote in message
    > I've just upgraded to a new computer with WIN XP Home
    > version. I'm using a generic modem (56K Flex/3600bps) and
    > have long lost any disks that came with it, and have no
    > idea who made it. It's plugged into the computer and is
    > working perfectly, however, everytime time I boot up, XP
    > keeps detecting it as new hardware and asks for the
    > drivers. Is there any way to stop XP from nagging about
    > installing a driver for it?

Hardware Modem Windows XP