Fax modem drivers : Found new Hardware

May 5, 2004 9:26:11 PM

I've just upgraded to a new computer with WIN XP Home
version. I'm using a generic modem (56K Flex/3600bps) and
have long lost any disks that came with it, and have no
idea who made it. It's plugged into the computer and is
working perfectly, however, everytime time I boot up, XP
keeps detecting it as new hardware and asks for the
drivers. Is there any way to stop XP from nagging about
installing a driver for it?
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 1:08:05 AM

If you manually installed the modem drivers into Xp, Xp may re-detect the
modem on the reboots after that. One possible fix: delete all modem drivers
and reboot. Let XP re-detect the modem and the drivers should be installed
correctly and once.

!