Windows not detecting my voice (headset)

Andrew

Well, I have had this problem and no one seems to know
the answer. I reinstalled windows (before my headset was
transmiting my voice perfectly) and when I tested my mic,
it didn't work! I could hear through it but my voice just
wouldn't go through. I checked out the recorder on
Windows, no sound. I did the check in the audio controls
in the control panel, it didnt detect my voice either!

I don't know what to do, I even bought a new headset and
it still doesnt work, can anyone help me out? I even
tried to do detect hardware (even though it should be
plug and play, right?) but it wasn't found, heeelp?!

Sory if this is in the wrong newsgroup, I didn't know
where else to put it.

On Wed, 5 May 2004 17:45:01 -0700, "Andrew" <brassmonkeyphd@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Well, I have had this problem and no one seems to know
>the answer. I reinstalled windows (before my headset was
>transmiting my voice perfectly) and when I tested my mic,
>it didn't work! I could hear through it but my voice just
>wouldn't go through. I checked out the recorder on
>Windows, no sound. I did the check in the audio controls
>in the control panel, it didnt detect my voice either!
>
>I don't know what to do, I even bought a new headset and
>it still doesnt work, can anyone help me out? I even
>tried to do detect hardware (even though it should be
>plug and play, right?) but it wasn't found, heeelp?!
>
>Sory if this is in the wrong newsgroup, I didn't know
>where else to put it.

Open up the volume control by dbl clicking on the speaker icon in the
system tray and make sure you are looking at the recording settings since
it defaults to showing the playback settings. Then make sure your levels
are set correctly and not muted.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

XP does not detect speakers or headsets, it doesn't even know they're there, all it deals with are the inputs and the outputs. Make
sure your soundcard drivers are installed and check that the Mic is not muted.

"Andrew" <brassmonkeyphd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8f3d01c43303$5d21c830$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Well, I have had this problem and no one seems to know
> the answer. I reinstalled windows (before my headset was
> transmiting my voice perfectly) and when I tested my mic,
> it didn't work! I could hear through it but my voice just
> wouldn't go through. I checked out the recorder on
> Windows, no sound. I did the check in the audio controls
> in the control panel, it didnt detect my voice either!
>
> I don't know what to do, I even bought a new headset and
> it still doesnt work, can anyone help me out? I even
> tried to do detect hardware (even though it should be
> plug and play, right?) but it wasn't found, heeelp?!
>
> Sory if this is in the wrong newsgroup, I didn't know
> where else to put it.

Kara Okie

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
I am having a bit of the same problem and would like to know the answer if anyone has any ideas. I have a wireless headset that is line in. I have a mic that is USB. It is a very nice mic that my husband got for me for Christmas and I hate to give up on it. It is a Samson C01U USB Studio condenser mic. It just will not come through my headset when I sing. It won't come out of the speakers either. I have an onboard sound card by Realtek. I use Vista. I have checked all of the sound levels and mute buttons and all is as it should be. But I believe there is some small little tweak I am overlooking. I sing on a karaoke website called SingSnap and sing with their recorder and it records and then I can play it back. But if I can't hear myself through my headset or speakers, it is hard to get the pitch right. Can someone help me figure this out? I would love to be able to use my headset but even if I can get my voice to come through my speakers I would accept that over not getting to use it at all. Thank you.