Athlon XP and A7M266

Hello

Would this processor:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-370&depa=0

be compatible with ASUS A7M266 provided that the bios 1007 is flashed?
From what I've read, I think it does. However I just want to check with the
experts here before I order. :)

Thank you very much in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about athlon a7m266

    SVRZ wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > Would this processor:

    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-370&depa=0

    > be compatible with ASUS A7M266 provided that the bios 1007 is flashed?
    > From what I've read, I think it does. However I just want to check
    > with the experts here before I order. :)

    A better group for Asus questions is alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
    Much more active.

    According to Asus, the fastest CPU officially supported is the 133MHz
    XP2100+ Model6(Palomino).
    Chances are very good it will work with a T-BredB
    core XP 2100-2400, the 133MHz versions(266FSB).

Asus Processors Windows XP Motherboards