Asus K8V Deluxe

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

hi, i have one BIG problem
i have 1 Maxtor S-ate harddisk 120gig, but how do i connect this drive to
the mainboard, i only see RAID options and i dont wan't RAID..HELP please..
I only want to SETUP XP on this drive and go..

many thnks
gr. John

John, first, make sure you have the via or promise controlers enabled in your
bios, then you'll need to download the drivers for the SATA.

Decide which one (Promise or VIA, you have both) contoller you want to use,
download the drivers needed and put them on a floppy. When loading windows
it'll tell you to press F6 to load drivers, press F6 and it'll load the floppy,
choose the correct device on the floppy and you should be good.

~Arie

> John, first, make sure you have the via or promise controlers enabled in
your
> bios, then you'll need to download the drivers for the SATA.
>
> Decide which one (Promise or VIA, you have both) contoller you want to
use,
> download the drivers needed and put them on a floppy. When loading windows
> it'll tell you to press F6 to load drivers, press F6 and it'll load the
floppy,
> choose the correct device on the floppy and you should be good.

John,

if you want to use VIA southbridge, connect your SATA harddisk to SATA1 (see
manual chapters 2.2 and 5.4.1). In BIOS enable OnChip SATA Boot ROM (manual
4.4.3).

Connectors PRI_SATA and SEC_SATA are for use of Promise RAID (manual 5.5).

Siegfried