Dedicated Server

Can I install CS:S on my home server (in addition to my normal machine) such
that I can run it as a dedicated server, or do I need to buy a 2nd copy?

If this is possible, how do I keep the installation up-to-date?

Cheers

Chris

--
cjmnews04@REMOVEMEyahoo.co.uk
[remove the obvious bits]

    On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 16:25:08 -0000, "CJM"
    <cjmnew04@REMOVEMEyahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >Can I install CS:S on my home server (in addition to my normal machine) such
    >that I can run it as a dedicated server, or do I need to buy a 2nd copy?

    Create a second Steam account and install the Steam dedicated server
    application.

    >If this is possible, how do I keep the installation up-to-date?

    Steam will take care of that.

    In article <16qh01dlb2knere0ir8qpbrjoengpfs3sk@4ax.com>,
    spamtrap@localhost. says...
    > On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 16:25:08 -0000, "CJM"
    > <cjmnew04@REMOVEMEyahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > >Can I install CS:S on my home server (in addition to my normal machine) such
    > >that I can run it as a dedicated server, or do I need to buy a 2nd copy?
    >
    > Create a second Steam account and install the Steam dedicated server
    > application.
    >
    > >If this is possible, how do I keep the installation up-to-date?
    >
    > Steam will take care of that.

    You can use the same account you use for the client, I do on my second
    machine and it works beautifully.

    --

    DeRanger
    www.thegamerplanet.com

Dedicated Server Games Servers Video Games