Dedicated Server

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 8, 2005 7:25:08 PM

Can I install CS:S on my home server (in addition to my normal machine) such
that I can run it as a dedicated server, or do I need to buy a 2nd copy?

If this is possible, how do I keep the installation up-to-date?

Cheers

Chris

--
cjmnews04@REMOVEMEyahoo.co.uk
[remove the obvious bits]

More about : dedicated server

February 8, 2005 7:30:07 PM

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 16:25:08 -0000, "CJM"
<cjmnew04@REMOVEMEyahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Can I install CS:S on my home server (in addition to my normal machine) such
>that I can run it as a dedicated server, or do I need to buy a 2nd copy?

Create a second Steam account and install the Steam dedicated server
application.

>If this is possible, how do I keep the installation up-to-date?

Steam will take care of that.
February 8, 2005 8:15:49 PM

In article <16qh01dlb2knere0ir8qpbrjoengpfs3sk@4ax.com>,
spamtrap@localhost. says...
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 16:25:08 -0000, "CJM"
> <cjmnew04@REMOVEMEyahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Can I install CS:S on my home server (in addition to my normal machine) such
> >that I can run it as a dedicated server, or do I need to buy a 2nd copy?
>
> Create a second Steam account and install the Steam dedicated server
> application.
>
> >If this is possible, how do I keep the installation up-to-date?
>
> Steam will take care of that.

You can use the same account you use for the client, I do on my second
machine and it works beautifully.

--

DeRanger
www.thegamerplanet.com