how to remove network signal

Please excuse the limited knowledge.

When I set up my Belkin wireless Cable router (54g) I originally had it
encrypted and broadcasting the SSID.

After weeks of losing signals, Belkin advised to create a second 'network'
unencrypted and not to broadcast SSID.

I now have two networks (if that's the right term), one broadcasting the
encrypted SSID "Belgin54g" - and one sending out the unencrypted "home"
without the SSID.

What I want to do is stop the router sending out the encrypted 'network'
signal "Belkin54g" - but for the life of me, I cannot work out how to do it.

If it helps, I'm using Win XP SP2 - and the wireless network is NOT managed
by Windows.

Can anyone advise in simple terms please?

Ta

Mick

I would first advise you that not broadcasting your SSID and running it
without encryption is rather unsecure. However, if you are certain
encryption settings and/or broadcast being enabled is responsible for the
issues you are experiencing, then that would be an issue with your
particular access point. However, to directly answer your question, while I
am not familiar with that particular model of access point, there should be
an option to choose to broadcast or not broadcast any particular SSID
configured on the AP. For more particular instructions you'll need to
either refer to Belkin's instructions for the AP or contact Belkin customer
support.

Is there a particular reason you want to disable the broadcasted "Belkin54g"
SSID? I understantand that you no longer use that SSID, but it in no way is
affecting your security if that is what you are worried about (however that
fact that you are running without encryption is).