USB 2.0 same speed like USB 1.1

Hi there,

My recently hooked up USB HDD didn`t increase in speed on the 2.0 USB port!

It still needs 60 minutes to copy 3 GB onto a NTFS partition there with file compression.

Is there something to do, like to download an actual driver, inspite it shows "SiS PCI to USB enhanced Hostcontroller"
in the system-manager?

Regards

Gerry
Mauritius
1 answer Last reply
More about speed

    If the external hard drive box is not also USB 2.0 having
    the faster port on the computer won't give any more speed.
    You can try removing the devices using device manager and
    then reboot. The "new" hardware would be detected and the
    correct drivers installed. Do this with the hdd unplugged,
    I'd remove it too with device manager in case it has been
    assigned a driver previously.

    "Gerhard Nowak" <nonspam@gmx.net> wrote in message
    | Hi there,
    |
    | My recently hooked up USB HDD didn`t increase in speed on
    the 2.0 USB port!

    | It still needs 60 minutes to copy 3 GB onto a NTFS
    partition there with file compression.

    | Is there something to do, like to download an actual
    driver, inspite it shows "SiS PCI to USB enhanced
    Hostcontroller"
    | in the system-manager?
    |
    | Regards
    |
    | Gerry