Mouse Freezes

May 6, 2004 1:03:26 PM

The mouse freezes periodically for 5 to 15 seconds and
then starts working again. It's brand new. I switched to
another mouse and the same problem continues. Any
suggestions on what's happening and how to correct it?

More about : mouse freezes

Anonymous
May 6, 2004 1:56:09 PM

Try reloading the mouse drive first and if it still freezes reload the display adapter drivers.
May 6, 2004 11:22:14 PM

In article <5DA26801-6798-4D8C-9136-F32FE78A1333@microsoft.com>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Try reloading the mouse drive first and if it still freezes reload the display adapter drivers.

Yep, I've never had this mouse problem until about 1-2 months ago.
To get past it (for the most part, it still briefly occurs occasionally)
I uninstalled all video and mouse drivers. Re-installed the mouse
drivers and then the latest video driver.

Personally, I think there's still something else is messing with the
mouse drivers. I.e.- one of the latest security updates.

--
Howie
"The very belief that violence is unavoidable