Mouse Freezes

The mouse freezes periodically for 5 to 15 seconds and
then starts working again. It's brand new. I switched to
another mouse and the same problem continues. Any
suggestions on what's happening and how to correct it?
2 answers Last reply
More about mouse freezes

    Try reloading the mouse drive first and if it still freezes reload the display adapter drivers.

    In article <5DA26801-6798-4D8C-9136-F32FE78A1333@microsoft.com>,
    anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
    > Try reloading the mouse drive first and if it still freezes reload the display adapter drivers.

    Yep, I've never had this mouse problem until about 1-2 months ago.
    To get past it (for the most part, it still briefly occurs occasionally)
    I uninstalled all video and mouse drivers. Re-installed the mouse
    drivers and then the latest video driver.

    Personally, I think there's still something else is messing with the
    mouse drivers. I.e.- one of the latest security updates.

    --
    Howie
    "The very belief that violence is unavoidable

Hardware Mice Microsoft Windows XP