a7n8x Deluxe rev2 and SATA drives

ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

I have an Asus a7n8x Deluxe Rev2.0 motherboard. Does anyone here know for
certain whether I can just add a single SATA hard drive to this motherboard?
Or does it require two SATA drives to work?

All I see mention of in the manual is using two in a raid setup.

One will work.

On Mon, 10 May 2004 23:28:49 -0400, "dino" <whyme@help.com> wrote:

>I am running a SATA Max 120 gig as my primary drive and a single 30 gig on
>IDE 1

Benchmark scores????

ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

I assume you are using the rev2 version of the a7n8x deluxe board?

Also what bios are you using, and which version of the SATA drivers are you
using? I ask because I've read a lot of people with problems with the SATA
drives. I was thinking of getting one, but not sure yet.

"dino" <whyme@help.com> wrote in message
> I am running a SATA Max 120 gig as my primary drive and a single 30 gig on
> IDE 1

To boot off the SATA drive,it has to be set to as a SCSI in the bios boot
order. DOUG