scanner stopped working

blue_heart

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001
my scanner was working properly and afterwhile i found out it is not wroking, i run the software of scanning and the banner opens then i hear a voice from my floppy drive then the banner freezes at the same place and i will be able to close it when i go to (task manager-process) and end the process of the file (hpprsclt.exe).
I attached the same scanner to winxp on the same computer (but used another hard drive) and it worked properly, but it is still not working on my win2000, i think maybe a windows system file has corrupted.
tried to unistall and reinstall and unpluged then pluged but still not working
my scanner is (HP scanjet 3200c)
O/S windows 2000 pro

G

I think you don't install the drivers accurately.Uninstall the drivers and reinstall.

ycs46241

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2001
you need clean install . disconnect scanner remove all software in the add/remove area and go to device manger and remove scanner form list. then install software first,rebot, before installing scanner.should work then

blue_heart

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001
thanks for your replies

i did everything, i used the scanner with win2k and winxp and formatted each os more than 2 times but the problem remained the same, i think the scanner has some problems, anyway i put away the scanner and its problem and bought epson perfection 1650 and it is great, it costed me USD250 with one year warrantly, but i am very happy with the new scanner.

for hp scanner i will take it to the hp dealer for maintenance, i am sure the problem is in the scanner and not software, coz it works noramlly for severals days then stops

wish if there was UnDo in the life

DRGunno

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
This is a problem I have run into myself. It is not the scanner at fault or even the instillation. If you have your scanner connected while on the internet, your scanner will be updated and the twain drivers will no longer work. Even if you migrate the machine to a computer that has never been on the net it still will not work. You will be told your scanner is locked or twain drivers have failed. I experimented with 6 new scanners from different manufacturers and this was consistently the result. Irrispective of opening using Photoshop or propriatry scanning software from the manufacturer. If you have this problem and are incapable of writing your own drivers or patching the hardware of your scanner; I sugest that whatever new model you buy 1) dont use it on a machine you connect to the net 2) dont have it turned on or connected while you are on the net 3)dont open any scanning applications while connected to the net. Also... stop using windows and migrate to any other OS will also fix the problem. If you bought a real nice scanner and have a 2nd computer you were going to get rid of? Convert it to Ubuntu or any other free and easily tweaked OS. Otherwise learn how to assemble your own patch for the scanner and create your own driver where you can see any code mods or bugs show up on the next WWW attempt to prevent you from using your own scanner. Dont believe me? go down to the markets and grab any crappy but working scanners and experiment with opening scanning app's while connected to the net. No viruses will show up and no problems will show up. Just your devices will either dissapear from the manager or your scanner will report it is locked or disabled. You can do this repeatedly with any computer which is experiencing this problem infinitely and the result is the same consistently. Take such patched scanners to a brand new machine and try to get it to work and it will fail straight away. So dont waste your money on new scanners. They are not the problem. Patching your scanner and keeping it away from problem computers will keep it working. As soon as you connect it to a problem pc you will have to go through the whole patch process yet again. I dont know if this is a windows problem or a DRM process gone wrong. I do know that none of the companies are complaining about extra scanners being bought and that is the most common aproach...as the scanner will fail on any pc after it has been modified. Patch it yourself and Voala! the scanner that was supposed to be O' so broken miraculously starts working again:D

DRGunno

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
PS. for those who will/may say patching your scanner does not work? Ask yourself; are you doing this on the PC that the fault occured on in the first place? :non: :pt1cable:

DRGunno

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009

Dont sell your scanner. Patch it yourself with your own code. It will work again. Hope your new one is still working or you will be repeating the proccess again.